Sudoku Cluster

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Re: Sudoku Cluster

Postby koushanejad74 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:32 pm

HATMAN wrote:Kousha

Richard's site at:
http://www.rcbroughton.co.uk/sudoku/for ... 6dcd994df0

It is the home site for very hard killers named Assassins by Ruud long ago.

Maurice

The URL doesn't work :(
koushanejad74
 
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 July 2019

Re: Sudoku Cluster

Postby 1to9only » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:34 pm

HATMAN wrote:Richard's site at:
http://www.rcbroughton.co.uk/sudoku/for ... 6dcd994df0
It is the home site for very hard killers named Assassins by Ruud long ago.

I think some part of the url is being lost somewhere.
The Killer Puzzles can be found at: http://www.rcbroughton.co.uk/sudoku/forum/viewforum.php?f=3
.
1to9only
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: 04 April 2018

Re: Sudoku Cluster

Postby HATMAN » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 am

Cluster Killer 1 Clue-less

Thanks 1to9only

In my solution I found sum placement much more important than sum value - hence Mathimagics' approach would be quite difficult.
This is Kousha's one where I've left out three sum values - but the placement remains. Each ? represents a digit - although I did not use the double digits in my solution.


Image
HATMAN
 
Posts: 271
Joined: 25 February 2006
Location: Nigeria

Re: Sudoku Cluster

Postby koushanejad74 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:50 pm

HATMAN wrote:Cluster Killer 1 Clue-less

Thanks 1to9only

In my solution I found sum placement much more important than sum value - hence Mathimagics' approach would be quite difficult.
This is Kousha's one where I've left out three sum values - but the placement remains. Each ? represents a digit - although I did not use the double digits in my solution.


Image


I see you guys mean, but doesn't it make it complex? the more complex the rules, the less exciting the puzzle, don't you agree?
koushanejad74
 
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 July 2019

Re: Sudoku Cluster

Postby HATMAN » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:08 pm

Certainly the more complex the rules are, the less interest there is, as players will need to fully understand them first.

But apart from that I do not think it matters in terms of puzzle quality.

In this case the question marks did not make the puzzle more difficult. Indeed they have the disadvantage of guiding the solution path to leave them to last.

An advantage cluster killers have over uncaged killers is the mix of cell value solving with boundary placement. It is difficult to create an uncaged killer that is not dominated by boundary placement.

I still suggest you should post this on Richard's assassin site.
HATMAN
 
Posts: 271
Joined: 25 February 2006
Location: Nigeria

Re: Sudoku Cluster

Postby koushanejad74 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 pm

HATMAN wrote:Certainly the more complex the rules are, the less interest there is, as players will need to fully understand them first.

But apart from that I do not think it matters in terms of puzzle quality.

In this case the question marks did not make the puzzle more difficult. Indeed they have the disadvantage of guiding the solution path to leave them to last.

An advantage cluster killers have over uncaged killers is the mix of cell value solving with boundary placement. It is difficult to create an uncaged killer that is not dominated by boundary placement.

I still suggest you should post this on Richard's assassin site.


Hatman,

I did try to register, (http://www.rcbroughton.co.uk/sudoku/for ... e=register), it's asking for a registration key for which you need to email reg@piarina.com, which I did; but never got a response :(,

Long story short, I couldn't register,
koushanejad74
 
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 July 2019

Re: Sudoku Cluster

Postby tarek » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:58 pm

koushanejad74 wrote:I did try to register, (http://www.rcbroughton.co.uk/sudoku/for ... e=register), it's asking for a registration key for which you need to email reg@piarina.com, which I did; but never got a response :(,

Long story short, I couldn't register,
I would give it more time before giving up. Richard's last visit to the forum was 27 October so my guess is that he will respond at some stage. The last new member was our own Mathimagics back in January.

tarek
User avatar
tarek
 
Posts: 3745
Joined: 05 January 2006

Previous

Return to Sudoku variants