Spiral Sudoku

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Spiral Sudoku

Postby Pyrrhon » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:11 am

Fill in the grid so that every ring, spoke, 3x3 box and every colored spiral contains the digits 1 through 9. There is only one solution. You can find it by logic. The sudoku has a 120° rotational symmetry

Pyrrhon

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:33 am

How does this differ from spider sudoku ?

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Pyrrhon » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:10 am

I have not claimed that it is a new variant. It is a special case of spider sudoku as well as a special case of sudoku x, cylindrical sudoku, disjoint groups sudoku, killer sudoku ... The spiral idea was given in the spiral sudoku thread and uses an old idea in the latin square discussion about diagonals in former centuries.

Pyrrhon
Pyrrhon

Postby udosuk » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:27 pm

Great puzzle Pyrrhon...:) This one make good use of the "spider" layout...

Ages ago somebody else posted something called the "rainbow sudoku"... I believe that's the same as "spider sudoku" so this concept has been recycled and recycled... I don't think anybody could have any patent on this...
udosuk

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:07 pm

Pyrrhon wrote:I have not claimed that it is a new variant. It is a special case of spider sudoku as well as a special case of sudoku x, cylindrical sudoku, disjoint groups sudoku, killer sudoku ... The spiral idea was given in the spiral sudoku thread and uses an old idea in the latin square discussion about diagonals in former centuries.

udosuk wrote:Ages ago somebody else posted something called the "rainbow sudoku"... I believe that's the same as "spider sudoku" so this concept has been recycled and recycled... I don't think anybody could have any patent on this...

Actually, what I was - quite evidently feebly - trying to say was, didn't I see something like this before? Only I used the wrong words!

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby udosuk » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:44 am

LOL... I finally got to try this puzzle, and I have to take back my comment that it's a great puzzle...:D

How about this, there are two 2s in one of the inner box, and two 3s on the blue spiral...

Or, is July 14 the Fools' Day in Germany and it's all part of a hoax?:D

3rd conjecture: the real challenge is to identify the false clues and make the puzzle valid... Working on that right now...
udosuk

Postby Pyrrhon » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:13 pm

I have changed the puzzle. The new should work.

Pyrrhon

In Germany the 1st April is the Fools' Day.
Pyrrhon

Return to Sudoku variants