Spider Sudoku !

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Postby Pyrrhon » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Are there any ideas of possible symmetries. It seems that the 120 degree rotational symmetry leads unfortunately to sudoku with a large number of givens (>> 30).

Pyrrhon
Pyrrhon

Spidersudoku.com in English

Postby spidersudoku » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:43 pm

spidersudoku

Postby hutman » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:19 am

So far the response to this thread is very unfavourable.

First I sum up all the unfavourable response...

Ruud says:
"I wonder what is so new about this format?...basically you have a vanilla sudoku...No fun at all...Looks nice, but this is not really a new variant...Looks nice, but this is not really a new variant."

Jean-Christophe says:
"...basically it's just a regular sudoku using polar coordinates (r,theta) instead of rectangular coordinates (x,y)...the logic is excacly the same as the regular sudoku."

Pyrrhon says:
"The variant is not new. I saw links in sudoku forums to a page in France with this type....I remember that I tested this variant and have stopped seeing that it is old wine (vanilla sudoku) in a new bottle (german saying: "alter Wein in einem neuen Schlauch")...similar variants are also named circular sudoku."

udosuk says:
"...they're nothing different to normal sudoku except appearance, which has been stated by many before..."

...Then I pour some cold water!

"Besides agreeing with everybody that this is not really a new variant, I have to disclose the bad news that I had seen an English puzzle book for kids with this type of "spider web-shaped logic puzzle" in a local bookstore 6 months ago.

:D
hutman

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:55 pm

That color one (especially if you eliminate the small hexagon in the center) creates the optical illusion of a transparent (made of glass) 3-dimensional cube. Maybe that fact could give some people a few ideas for a new variant.:)

spidersudoku wrote:Image

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Previous

Return to Sudoku variants