Spam from Frank Vedel and the "Sudoku World" forum

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:35 am

Karyobin

Simes manages to suggest visits to his website without getting deleted. Then again he's not asking for members.

Frank is on the memberlist, look him up and PM him.

Ah, yes George, the poll, the poll. Will visit.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Scott H » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:12 am

I was invited, and joined for the heck of it. I'm pretty new to this forum (joined a week or two ago when I thought I might have something to contribute), and received an invite a day or two later. It's a yahoo group, which has a few annoyances in itself.

I've only skimmed a few messages in that forum, and briefly browsed the "top 50 sudoku sites" URL they seem to advertise in every message.

Overall, I'm not very impressed. Haven't seen any messages I consider interesting or significant (to be fair, only skimmed a few). This forum has a very nice topic/thread structure. Yahoo groups lack that.

Their ubiquitously advertised "top 50 sudoku sites" only listed 29 sites, and a few other randomly checked sites were nothing to write home about. They did list Simes site, but none of the other good ones I'd already found.

So I'm not impressed. Others are free to try and decide for themselves.

I consider his method of recruiting from this forum to be rather tacky.
Scott H

Postby monstersudoku » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:06 am

The Druid wrote:("date joined", perhaps, rather than alphabetical?).

Definitely noy by date joined because I just joined a few days ago and received an invite from that Frank guy. And I am certainly nobody here.
Mark
monstersudoku

Postby Karyobin » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:56 am

Maybe I'm an undesirable. Quite like that idea.
Karyobin

Postby The Druid » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:19 pm

Thanks, Scott, that's helpful. I don't think I will bother to try out the invitation.

Mark, of course you are not 'a nobody' here! The site has been up 'n' running for less than a year, so we are all Very Important Founder Members, including you.

As for Karyobin's level of desirability, I'm not qualified to comment, ROFL!

The Druid
The Druid

Unsolicited invitation = spam

Postby Dan Hoey » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:08 pm

I've gotten two unsolicited invitations to join the Yahoo group. I'm planning to report the second one as spam, which may impede Vedel's ability to send invitations to AOL members. Any objections?
Dan Hoey

Previous

Return to General