Sounds stop half-way through the game

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Postby knitnspin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:28 am

The "answer is right" sound quits working sometime in the middle of a game. Works at the beginning of a new game, but quits. How do I fix?
knitnspin

Postby Pappocom » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:57 am

This is the first report I have had of this happening. I have had three reports (out of well over half a million downloads) about something similar with the "Big Number Entered" sound, but nothing previously about the "Answer Is Right" sound.

Could you send me an email (using the email button below) with more particulars and I'll see what we can do to find the problem.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby knitnspin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:43 pm

Actually I guess it is the big number entered sound. I just haven't entered a wrong number I guess:) It seems to come and go intermittently; I haven't noticed a pattern.
knitnspin

Postby DMonie » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:09 pm

I'm having this same problem. Has anyone come up with the solution?
DMonie

No Sound

Postby pokerdragon » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:41 pm

I also am experiencing this problem, when the "Enter Big Number" sound stops working. Here's what I noticed:

The sound disappears when you have no completely empty squares left on the board; i.e. no big numbers or pencilmarks at all. As a reproducible example... if you just take one number, and fill every open square with a single pencilmark, the Big Number sound disappears. But if you erase some of those pencilmarks and create some empty squares, the sound comes back.

As long as you have at least one empty square that is completely void of any player input, the Big Number sound works.

Hopefully this will give the programmer(s) a head start in tracking down the bug.
pokerdragon

Postby Son of Pappocom » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:11 am

That's invaluable, pokerdragon. Thanks for the research.
Son of Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback