Sound Stops?

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Sound Stops?

Postby therealpadd » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:17 pm

When playing the game and left clicking to place numbers, the game starts with a "plop" sound as numbers appear. However I have found that after a while of playing the same game this sound stops although the right click pencil mark sound is still there. What causes this?
therealpadd

Postby Son of Pappocom » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:17 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't say what the cause is as we've been unable to reproduce the problem. Could you let me know what type of sound processor you have in your computer? A sound driver upadte, available through your manufacturer's website, would be a good idea as well.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Postby therealpadd » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:21 pm

The sound system is an Avance 97. I have just updated the drivers today so will report back if the problems persists

Update: - the problem is still there. It looks as though the sound may be disappearing close to when you are approaching the threshold for entry to the Hall of Fame
therealpadd

Postby Son of Pappocom » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:38 am

I've heard of two variations of this problem -- most lose the "big number" sounds halfway through solving for an unknown reason. One other person reported losing the sounds only when each cell had some kind of entry -- clue, "big number" or pencilmark. Could you tell me which applies to you?

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Postby therealpadd » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:44 am

Son of Pappocom wrote:.... clue, "big number" or pencilmark. Could you tell me which applies to you?

As mentioned in my original post "the right click pencil mark sound is still there." It is the "big number" sound that is disappearing
therealpadd

Postby Son of Pappocom » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:23 am

Yes, I understand that it's the big number *sound* that's missing -- but when that sound stops as you're playing, does the moment it stops coincide with the moment when each cell has something inside it?
Son of Pappocom

Postby therealpadd » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:43 am

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. I can now confirm that my loss of the "big number" sound coincides with every cell having something in it
therealpadd

Postby Son of Pappocom » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:06 pm

Thanks for checking into that. It at least gives us something to go on, now that we have two confirmed reports of the trigger behind it. Unfortunately, I don't have an idea of what the cause could be, immedaitely.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback