Some elderly humour

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Some elderly humour

Postby Hud » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:10 pm

The Elderly

Two elderly women were eating breakfast in a restaurant one morning. Ethel noticed something funny about Mabel's ear and she said, '"Mabel, do you know you've got a suppository in your left ear?" Mabel answered, "I have a suppository in my ear?" She pulled it out and stared at it. Then she said, "Ethel, I'm glad you saw this thing. Now I think I know where to find my hearing aid."

When the husband finally died his wife put the usual death notice in the paper, but added that he died of gonorrhea. No sooner were the papers delivered when a friend of the family phoned and complained bitterly, "You know very well that he died of diarrhea, not gonorrhea." Replied the widow, "I nursed him night and day so of course I know he died of diarrhea, but I thought it would be better for posterity to remember him as a great lover rather than the big turd he always was."

I thought the punch line would be that he was an adulterer and she wanted his girl friends to sweat.

An elderly couple were on a cruise and it was really stormy. They were standing on the back of the boat watching the moon, when a wave came up and washed the old woman overboard. They searched for days and couldn't find her, so the captain sent the old man back to shore with the promise that he would notify him as soon as they found something. Three weeks went by and finally the old man got a fax from the boat. It read: "Sir, sorry to inform you, we found your wife dead at the bottom of the ocean. We hauled her up to the deck and attached to her butt was an oyster and in it was a pearl worth $50,000 . please advise." The old man faxed back: "Send me the pearl and re-bait the trap."

A funeral service is being held for a woman who has just passed away. At the end of the service, the pall bearers are carrying the casket out when they accidentally bump into a wall, jarring the casket. They hear a faint moan. They open the casket and find that the woman is actually alive! She lives for ten more years, and then dies. Once again, a ceremony is held, and at the end of it, the pall bearers are again carrying out the casket. As they carry the casket towards the door, the husband cries out, "Watch that wall!"

When I went to lunch today, I noticed an old lady sitting on a park bench sobbing her eyes out. I stopped and asked her what was wrong. She said, "I have a 22 year old husband at home. He makes love to me every morning and then gets up and makes me pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit and freshly ground coffee."
I said, "Well, then why are you crying?" She said, "He makes me homemade soup for lunch and my favorite brownies and then makes love to me for half the afternoon.

I said, "Well, why are you crying?" She said, "For dinner he makes me a gourmet meal with wine and my favorite dessert and then makes love to me until 2:00 a.m." I said, "Well, why in the world would you be crying?" She said, "I can't remember where I live!"

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards.
One day they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me....I know we've been friends for a long time.....but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is." Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?"

THE SENILITY PRAYER
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Hud

Some elderly humour

Postby Cec » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:56 pm

The approaching Ashes series reminds me of the "story" of Sir Donald Bradman visiting an Elderly Retirement home and, after chatting to some of the guests, approaches a shy old lady and asks her "Do you know who I am". The lady replies "No, but if you go back down that hall to the reception desk I'm sure someone can tell you".

Cec
Cec

Postby Hud » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:48 pm

Good one Cec, I golf with a 75 year old guy 2 doors down and a couple years back we took his daughter's father-in-law who was visiting from South Africa to Mexico with us while my friend got some dental work done. The other day I mentioned that "Wolf" wouldn't cross the border since he'd forgotten his passport, and it would cost him $8 to cross. My friend had no recollection of us ever going there with Wolf. He does remember everytime he beats me at golf though.
Hud

Some elderly humour

Postby Cec » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:55 am

Hud, your first joke above reminded me of this one...I hope it's within
the censorship guidelines.

A stroppy octogenarian with gastric problems reluctantly goes to his local doctor who prescribes suppositories. He asks the patient if he'd taken them before. "Of course I have" snapped the patient. After three days without improvement the patient angrily returns to the doctor who is somewhat mystified.
"Are you sure you took these suppositories as prescribed"? asks the doctor.
"No Doc" snaps the octogenarian.. " I was shoving them up my backside"!

Cec
Cec

Return to Coffee bar