Solution Log.

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Solution Log.

Postby Karyobin » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:13 pm

I'd like it if you initiated some sort of 'Solution Log' like simes has. Maybe you could mail it out as a patch or something.

I like to know what I'm missing.
Karyobin

re Solution Log

Postby grumpyoldman » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:14 am

I agree with Karyobin that this would be a very useful addition to an already excellent program. I normally manage to sort out Pappocom puzzles but sometimes puzzles from other sources cause me considerable problems especially when trying to understand a new technique. The use of single step and a solution log can be very helpful in these circumstances.
grumpyoldman

Postby Karyobin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:18 am

Ever get the feeling you're a voice in the wilderness?
Karyobin

Postby Pappocom » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:20 am

In a month or so's time, my son is coming to give me a helping hand, so my workload should be reduced, giving me some time to get back to the programming computer. Since I will then be able to come up for air, I will uplift all of these excellent suggestions and implement many (or most) of them.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Karyobin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:33 am

Cheers Wayne.

BRING IT ON!!!
Karyobin

Solution Log

Postby tommo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:12 am

I think your idea of a solution log is exellent. I compose a solution log each time I complete a puzzle. I do this by numbering the columbs A-I and the rows 1-9. I then write down the row and columb number and the data that was entered into the square i.e. A3,2 would put a 2 in columb A row 3. If near the end of the puzzle an error is detected I can follow my steps back and see where I went wrong. Also if a future version of the program gave each puzzle a unique serial number then players could interact over the web giving tips on how to solve a puzzle or even post a complete solution. This would be very helpful for the most difficult of puzzles. Let's see what happens!!!!!!!!!
tommo

Return to Forum questions and feedback