Samurai Sudoku 30th July

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Samurai Sudoku 30th July

Postby Homer » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:43 pm

Help. Can anyone let me know if they have successfully solved today's puzzle?

I seemed to have solved the B, C and D parts of the problems OK (I dubbed my 3 solutions into the Pappocom software & it confirmed they were valid). However trying to complete the central Sudoku, with the 3 corner 3x3 blocks from my completed B,C & D parts, it is inconsistent.

Without giving too much away (otherwise of course this posting would be censored!) the solutions I have so far are that B & D are the same digit & C is 2 different.

Can the constituent Sudoku parts have more than one answer (maybe I have made a mistake in solving one of the parts of the puzzle & accidentally come across a valid partial solution)?
Homer

Postby PaulIQ164 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:14 pm

I have the same pattern for the B C and D digits. To be honest though, the central grid was the part I solved first, and then the rest fell in to place.
PaulIQ164

Postby george-no1 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:29 pm

I had an odd problem with it too; I solved grids A and B but the middle grid then had no valid solution, so I threw it on the floor, and did the crossword instead. I'll try again tomorrow, but there's definitely something odd about that Samurai. I think the Times ought to stick to Pappocom, personally.

George:)
george-no1

Postby Enigma » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:37 pm

I found a valid solution too. Did B first, followed by centre and then the rest. It would be nice if Pappocom could produce some Samurais. This was another mild one without the need to resort to pencil marks/fiendish techniques.

Paul
Enigma

Return to Sudoku variants