re: Spam

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

re: Spam

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:20 am

I see that spam is still a problem.

I'm sure one of the moderators will remove this thread very shortly. To prevent recurrences, perhaps new registrants' posts could automatically be put in a moderation queue, so that their posts would not appear until approved. Once a registrant establishes his worth (via X number of responsible posts without spam), approval of that poster's contributions could become automatic.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

re: spam

Postby Pat » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:59 am

i've removed MOBSELL's advertizing -- leaving the response for those who may wish to discuss

must say, though, i prefer to let every new member post his question immediately, as that's why they join -- they have an immediate question on SuDoku
Pat

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:45 am

Thanks for removing the spam. You could certainly have removed my reply as well (I would not have felt insulted), but I see your point about the possible value of continued discussion.

If putting newbies in a moderation queue seems too harsh, perhaps newbie posts which contain a URL could be put there. This restriction could later be removed when a poster attains "trusted" status.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Return to Forum questions and feedback