Re-introducing The Sudoku Cube (3D sudoku, Sudoku3D, 9*9*9)

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Re: 3 faces only 9*9*9

Postby tarek » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Smythe Dakota wrote:
tarek wrote: .... I tried to generate puzzles with clues only on the faces of the cube (complete opposite of Barren Surface puzzle) with success ....

That reminds me of Marilyn's Numbrix puzzles in the Sunday Parade newspaper supplement. For the past two years or so, all of hers have clues in, and only in, the odd-numbered squares around the perimeter.

The concept is not that difficult, the Numbrix & Slitherlink are exact cover problems which can be programmed then by choosing the approriate solution grids, generating these grids will be very easy .....

tarek
tarek

Re: 3 faces only 9*9*9

Postby tarek » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:15 pm

tarek wrote:
Smythe Dakota wrote:
tarek wrote: .... I tried to generate puzzles with clues only on the faces of the cube (complete opposite of Barren Surface puzzle) with success ....

That reminds me of Marilyn's Numbrix puzzles in the Sunday Parade newspaper supplement. For the past two years or so, all of hers have clues in, and only in, the odd-numbered squares around the perimeter.

The concept is not that difficult, the Numbrix & Slitherlink are exact cover problems which can be programmed then by choosing the approriate solution grids, generating these grids will be very easy .....
I have made a mini attempt at a numbrix generator/solver check the Other logic puzzles thread
tarek

Previous

Return to Sudoku variants