Question on solving innies/outies in killer

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Question on solving innies/outies in killer

Postby Camchase » Mon May 14, 2007 1:22 am

I've read a couple of the "how to solves" regarding solving a killer puzzle using techniques for a box with an innie and outie. I can't get it! I've read and reread and reread some more and it eludes me. Can someone help me "in plain language" about this technique?

Thank you,

Camchase
Camchase

Postby Camchase » Mon May 14, 2007 7:36 pm

Thank you, Jean-Christophe. I'll check them all out. There is only one on your list I have looked at so hopefully I'll be able to work it out. I'm not sure why I haven't been able to comprehend what I've read but I'm sure it will hit me all of a sudden.

Again, thanks,

Camchase
Camchase

Postby Camchase » Mon May 14, 2007 8:20 pm

I think I wasn't clear when I wrote my first post. I understand solving and innie or an outie. What I am having trouble with is an explanation of a nonet that has both innies and outies together.

That is what I'm having a little trouble with. Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Camchase
Camchase

Postby Jean-Christophe » Tue May 15, 2007 10:01 am

It's explained in the last page I mentioned at "A plus-minus variant of the 45 rule"
http://www.ndorward.com/blog/?page_id=95

I'll try to explain if you still don't get it.
Jean-Christophe

Postby Jean-Christophe » Tue May 15, 2007 5:42 pm

I've written a page on my blog:
http://jcbonsai.free.fr/sudoku/?p=202

Hope this helps.
Jean-Christophe

Postby Camchase » Tue May 15, 2007 6:28 pm

Thanks JC. I saved a copy of your solving technique instructions and I'm going to try to work through it. I understand up to a point and then, nothing! I had the same problem with regular sudoku on XY-Wing until I went over it and over it and all of a sudden it made sense. Of course, a little help from ya'll helped immensely. Thanks so much for all your help. If I still need help after I experiment with it on a puzzle, I'll hollar at ya.

Thanks again very much for your time and help.

Camchase
Camchase

Return to Sudoku variants