Pseudoku

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Criss-Cross Pseudoku

Postby Pyrrhon » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:21 pm

Okay, your unary sudoku beats the binary one. And you won the easiest pseudoku challenge.

Lets be a little bit more seriously now. Here is a real puzzle. I call it Criss-Cross Pseudoku. But we could turn it and would get a slightly generalized pseudoku. It isn't insane, but I hope jcbonsai can't solve it in 5 ms.

Fill in the grid so that every line (in both with arrows marked directions) contains all the numbers from 1 to the length of that particular line.

Pyrrhon
Pyrrhon

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:40 am

Well, I solved it, but only using some T&E after just three simple placements. Fortunately, the T&E had only two branches, and the first one I tried led to a contradiction, so I established (to my own satisfaction) uniqueness too.

Can this puzzle, like another one that recently appeared here, be embedded in a 9x9 latin square? If so, are there multiple ways to do the embedding? And are the various ways dependent on the solution, rather than just on the initial clues?

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby udosuk » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:33 am

Smythe Dakota wrote:Can this puzzle, like another one that recently appeared here, be embedded in a 9x9 latin square? If so, are there multiple ways to do the embedding? And are the various ways dependent on the solution, rather than just on the initial clues?

Yes, there are multiple ways, such as:

The various ways (such as exchanging 6/9 or 7/8) are neither dependent on the solution nor the initial clues.
udosuk

Previous

Return to Sudoku variants