Programmers Forum Down

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Programmers Forum Down

Postby daj95376 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:50 pm

If anyone knows how to contact www.setbb.com, would you please do so and tell them that a portion of their system is down -- Sudoku forum and Support in general.

Thanks!!!
Last edited by daj95376 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
daj95376
2014 Supporter

Postby Pat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:26 am

the SuDoku Programmers Forum
    has been unavailable about 2 days now -- since Sunday
      setBB.com is so thoroughly unavailable that i'd assume they must be aware of the problem
        let's hope so,
        as there's no way to tell them
Pat

Postby enxio27 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Pat wrote:the SuDoku Programmers Forum
has been unavailable about 2 days now -- since Sunday

Unfortunately, the only moderator of that forum that I know of was Ruud, and he's gone, so I'm suspecting that this won't be fixed anytime soon.
enxio27

re(2): setBB.com unavailable

Postby Pat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:50 pm

enxio27 wrote:Unfortunately, the only moderator of that forum that I know of was Ruud, and he's gone, so I'm suspecting that this won't be fixed anytime soon

probably nothing the Moderator can do,
nor even an Admin

and someone reports trying webmaster@setbb.com with no response
Pat

Re: re(2): setBB.com unavailable

Postby enxio27 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Pat wrote:probably nothing the Moderator can do, nor even an Admin

Not being familiar with setbb.com, I didn't realize they had a bunch of other forums as well, nor that this is a site-wide problem affecting more than just the sudoku forums. Evidently they aren't responsive to even their admins, so I guess it's hopeless unless/until the setbb.com people get around to fixing it.
enxio27

Postby Glyn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:28 pm

This one is just wait and see as it is beyond an Admin's control. As a future concern Ruud was listed as Site Admin so if there are future issues such as migration there is no one empowered to take action. Perhaps it is something for all of us to worry about.
Glyn

Postby Draco » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Well with little to loose, I sent a msg to the domain admin technical account. The tech contact info has been protected by
"whoisguard" so one cannot be certain if/when the message really gets through.

I'll advise if I hear anything back.

Cheers..

- drac
Draco

Postby Glyn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:11 am

setbb is back now.
For those wondering what was happening at the Programmers' site. Here is the standard message on the setbb support forum.

Code: Select all
while we were busy migrating existing pending requests, mysql services at setbb.com was in error state without anybody noticing it.

its service was still up and running, but it was in a ghost state in which our normal monitoring tool was unable to detect. as of today, we have added an additional monitoring tool to send a sms, instant messenger and email when it is unable to record some keywords in our php file.

we sincerely apologize for such errors. anyway, support will be back as per normal in August. we will start concentrating on adding more modifications & styles in August while the first two weeks will be reserved to migrate those missing migration requests.

by sometimes in September, we are also going to add a free phone support to tackle such urgent issue.

Of course such a recourse will probably only apply to the administrator.
Glyn

re: Sudoku Programmers Forum

Postby Pat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:36 am

Glyn wrote:Ruud was listed as Site Admin
so if there are future issues such as migration
there is no one empowered to take action

i seem to recall that Ruud and angusj were listed as Moderators
    the Admin, if i remember correctly, is kudosu ( = our milobird )
Pat

Postby Glyn » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:10 am

You are right Pat. Ruud and Angus are Mods, their postings list their 'rank' as Site Admin, most confusing.
Glyn

Return to Forum questions and feedback