Program installs but won't run

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Program installs but won't run

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:16 pm

I succesfully installed the program on my Win XP machine, but every time I try to run it, it crashes and gives an error "Sud MFC program has encoutered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

What's going on?

Postby Pappocom » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:54 pm

I'm sorry, I can't really say what the problem is, without more information.

From where is the message box coming? From Windows? That is, who is the "we" in the message-text? I don't recognize this message as being one that comes from my program.

Possibly the problem is caused by a conflict with some other program that is running on your computer at the same time. Could you try closing off other programs and seeing if the problem still happens? There could be a conflict with a program that you are not even aware is running (e.g., one of the start-up programs in your system tray).

Have you bought the program, or are you still using the Trial Version? The anti-piracy shell which protects the Trial Version is sensitive to the system environment it finds itself in, and maybe there is something in the environment that it finds unpalatable. Do you run any debugger programs (e.g., Soft-Ice)?

Perhaps you could send me an email (using the email button below) with more particulars. I look forward to hearing from you.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Pappocom » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:10 pm

The problem is explained (though not necessarily excused) by the fact that Subwoofer was running Sudoku on a Mac, using Virtual PC emulation. Unfortunately, the Sudoku program has a known problem with Virtual PC emulation. Please see this topic for futher information: http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?p=2403#p2403

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby datprogrammer » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:49 am

Wayne,

My machine of choice is Linux and I was on a mission to get sudoku working!

Just for reference, I have had success in running Su Do Ku under VMWARE on a linux machine (using a virtual win98SE installation). However t fails to work under WINE or WIN4LIN - the XML component won't even instal under Win4Lin, I can't exactly remember the issue with WINE - possibly the same issue as Win4Lin.

Hope this may be useful to you and others asking about windows emulation issues.
datprogrammer

Return to Forum questions and feedback