Printing Problem

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Printing Problem

Postby Cec » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:58 am

I'm not sure about the topic of this request but I've become desperate.

My printer works OK when copying or printing text say from a document in Word but when printing posts in this forum, part of the text for the full length down the right hand side of the page "is missing". As an example, when printing the pages in this THREAD, columns 8 and 9 do not print nor that portion of the writing directly below these two missing columns.

From memory this problem surfaced about the time of the recent "hacking" incident but can't see how this could be related.

Changing the margins or other options available in "Print preview" or "Page set-up" don't help. It might be the pink and brown coloured Sudoku Menu display boxes which appear down the full length of the left side of the screen which utilize a fair amount of space. Should these menu boxes always be visible- which they are on my screen - even when viewing posts?.

Cec
Cec

Postby MCC » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:26 pm

Cec
The menu ladder seems to be a constant unless you open up a new window, then the menu ladder dissappears.

Have you tried printing from the new window to see if this helps?

MCC
MCC

Printing problem

Postby Cec » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:42 pm

Thanks MCC for replying. I've tried your suggestion but unfortunately still the same result. The menu ladder disappears as you say when I open up a new window (just to confirm - I right click the small icon having the page corner turned in and click on the "Open link in new window" box and then print that screen display. It's certainly weird because I don't have the problem when printing other text.

Cec
Cec

Postby MCC » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:22 pm

It might be because there is an imported image.

You could try - right click - select all - right click - print.

MCC
MCC

Postby Bigtone53 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:12 pm

Cec,

The method I use is to Ctrl-A the whole chain (having clicked on it) , copy, open Word and paste. This cuts out the rubbish.

Good Luck
Bigtone53

Printing Problem

Postby Cec » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:42 am

Thanks Bigtone. I'll try out your suggestion when I fix another problem - the damn printer won't even work at all this morning.:(
Cec
Cec

Re: Printing Problem

Postby Cec » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:31 am

Err.. sorry about my above post - as Em would say "I was distracted" when posting it!. Printer now working so back to work on my initial problem.
Cec
Cec

Return to Forum questions and feedback