Printing of Library Files

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Printing of Library Files

Postby Mecman » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:42 pm

I have created several library files of puzzles that I have received in newspapers, magazines, from friends via e-mail, and puzzles that I have created myself. I use the library as a means of keeping all the puzzles together ready for use in the Sudoku program.

However, I would find it very useful to to be able to print out all or a selection of puzzles from a library so that I can play them when away from the computer in the traditional method.

Before I purchased your sudoku program I used to keep the puzzles in an MS Excel spreadsheet and print them from there via a VBA macro, but your library facility is a much better method of storing the puzzles, except for the lack of ability to print the library (other than one puzzle at a time)!

Unfortunately, I can also see the downside to this, as the facility could be abused if someone used it for financial gain (just as they could from printing the generated puzzles - although that is strictly against the terms in the license!)

Stephan Richardson
Mecman

Postby Pappocom » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:38 am

Hello Stephan. Your last paragraph gets close to the reason why library-book publishing is not possible with the Sudoku program.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback