Printing larger

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Printing larger

Postby jim789 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:22 pm

Hello,

When I print a grid it comes out about 3 inches square. This there a way to expand the grid so that it is larger?
jim789

Postby Son of Pappocom » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:42 pm

Hi,

I've dropped you an email about this -- hope it helps.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Postby firebrand99@hotmail.com » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:35 pm

I too am interested in this - I prefer to do these by hand, but the squares are very small for all the penciling in needed for the very tough puzzles...
firebrand99@hotmail.com

Postby johnt » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:02 pm

I am also interested in finding out if there is a way to print larger, but perhaps with a bit of a different twist.

If I am printing out just puzzles I can make them larger by going into my printer properties (Epson Stylus Photo 890) and selecting the reduce/enlarge and increasing the size over 100% (to about 125%). The puzzle printers larger, although down and to the right of center (not a big deal).

My dilemma comes when I want to print out puzzles and their solutions. If I increase the size through my printer properties then I lose some of the solutions as they don't all fit on the page.

Is there a way to print the puzzles larger while keeping the size of the solutions at the default?

John
johnt

Postby Son of Pappocom » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Hi John,

I'm afraid not. Your workaround is what we currently recommend, and the recommendation I sent to the original poster would have been essentially that (or using a photocopy enlarger, etc.)

You could print the solution on its own page and apply the same technique, though that would kill twice as many trees.

The ability to easily scale printing is high up on the wishlist for the (ever-forthcoming) next release of Sudoku.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback