Printing Grids

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Printing Grids

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:50 am

When I print, the outer square does not print and neither does the lines for the cells. I have tried thickening the lines in the "appearance" dialog and saving them, but it makes no difference.

I used to get the outer square to print when I was using the trial version, but the cell lines did not print.

I named my changes to a file My.saf. How do I know if this is being used? Or how do I select it or any of the others which are available?

Thanks in anticipation
Gordon

Postby Pappocom » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:49 am

Hello Gordon.

Did you read the How to be sure cell lines appear in print-out topic, and in particular did you note the effect of the "Onscreen settings" checkbox?

If you saved your settings to a file called "My.saf", you would need to "Open" that file - using the Open button on the front tab of the Appearance dialog.

You could have saved your settings to the "printing.saf" file. Then you would not need to "Open" that .saf file. You would just need to select the "Printing.saf" radio button in the Print dialog, and the printing.saf file would be automatically used.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Printing grid problems

Postby rsavoie » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:39 pm

Hi,

I've been having the same problem - some of the grid lines don't print. The behavior seems to be affected by a combination of grid line color and thickness. In a nutshell, you have to make the grid lines very thick or they won't show up. Some grays also don't show up, no matter the grid thickness. Also, the digits seem to be a little coarse. This is clearly a problem in how the program interfaces to the printer.

FYI: my printer is an Epson Stylus Photo R300, and I'm running XP Pro.

- Ray

Pappocom wrote:Hello Gordon.

Did you read the How to be sure cell lines appear in print-out topic, and in particular did you note the effect of the "Onscreen settings" checkbox?

If you saved your settings to a file called "My.saf", you would need to "Open" that file - using the Open button on the front tab of the Appearance dialog.

You could have saved your settings to the "printing.saf" file. Then you would not need to "Open" that .saf file. You would just need to select the "Printing.saf" radio button in the Print dialog, and the printing.saf file would be automatically used.

- Wayne
rsavoie

Return to Forum questions and feedback