Printer Page-Width Problem

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Printer Page-Width Problem

Postby Sudtyro » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:27 pm

This is probably just "user error," but when I tried to print a recently saved (from Windows IE) Forum article , each printed page was "cropped" by about 1/2-inch on the right-hand side. All other older Forum articles that have been previously saved from Windows IE seem to print fine without cropping.

Has something changed...maybe since the switch to new servers? My printer and IE settings are all the same.

All suggestions are welcome!
Sudtyro

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:01 pm

It could be that the page in question contains (somewhere) an extremely long string of characters (such as a URL) that won't fit into the usual page width. This would expand the width of the entire page.

Have you tried printing Landscape instead of Portrait?

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby Sudtyro » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:28 pm

The particular thread showing this problem is:
http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/viewtopic.php?t=5017
This is arcilla's post.

On my Windows IE browser, the above thread displays perfectly, but when I do IE's "Print Preview..." the pages are all cropped on the right-hand side at about the position of the "u" in the Quote button.

The thread we're on right now, however, displays a normal, full-width page on a "Print Preview."

The IE "Page Setup" parameters and the "View" parameters are all identical when separately checked on the two different threads.

The only odd thing I noticed about arcilla's thread is that it's supposed to have two pages, but the second page doesn't exit.

Maybe someone would be willing to try that link and see how it displays the "Print Preview?" My own Page Setup parameters use 0.25" for the right and left side margins.
Sudtyro

Postby MCC » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:34 am

I've had a look at the link in Sudtyro's post and -"right click" - "print preview" and the page looks ok. Although I didn't print it.
In the drop down menu, at top of screen, it has "shrink to fit" displayed, but this can be varied.

MCC
MCC

Return to Forum questions and feedback