Please help

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Please help

Postby Guest » Sat May 28, 2005 7:11 am

I downloaded the program from the "free trial" it completed the download then when I went to open the program an error message read "download failed from the web".

What does this mean? I really want to buy the program but am too scared if it wont download

Please help

Postby Pappocom » Sun May 29, 2005 2:18 am

It sounds as if you may not have downloaded the entire SudokuSetup file. Try these steps:

1. You need to get back to a "clean slate" situation. Find the directory on your computer called "{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}". The full path to it is probably: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\MimarSinan\Installation Information\{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}". When you have found it, delete the "{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}" directory altogether (including all its files and subdirectories).

2. Now have another try to download the SudokuSetup file from www.sudoku.com/download.htm.

If you still have a problem, it may be necessary to consult with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to see why you are not able to download the file, or the full file. Some ISPs set limitations on what you can download, or set a cap on the size of downloads. Also, check that your firewall does not limit you - a particular consideration if you are trying to download on the work computer!

In any event, make sure you can download, install and run the program before you pay for it.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback