Place a Digit

Post puzzles for others to solve here.

Re: Place a Digit

Postby yzfwsf » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:08 pm

Cenoman wrote:I was just proud to have found mine without help of any solver. :)

Never suspected that you are a powerful manual solver.
I basically don't know how to solve puzzles manually.:D
yzfwsf

Postby SpAce » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:19 am

yzfwsf wrote:I basically don't know how to solve puzzles manually.:D

That actually makes your software even more impressive! I wouldn't know how to code something without having an idea of how to do it manually.

That's actually why I started to study sudoku in the first place. My original goal was to write a software solver, but the problem was that all I knew was basic techniques. I coded those in a breeze (and my solver was instantly a better player than me at the time, which was kind of eye-opening) but then I had to learn more to continue... and more... and more... :D I haven't added a single line of code since then. Maybe I will once I start feeling that I'm no longer improving as a manual player.
SpAce

Postby Cenoman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:57 am

yzfwsf wrote:Never suspected that you are a powerful manual solver.

SpAce wrote:...all I knew was basic techniques. I coded those in a breeze (and my solver was instantly a better player than me at the time...

The truth is in between: I process manually Deadly Patterns, Exocets, MSLS.
I started similarly to SpAce, with programming a solver for basics and standard fishes (I was fed up with spending time to carry out basics with gaps and errors). Later I have added modules to help me with AIC's, ALS-AHS's, and krakens. But I had a manual method (based on champagne's tagging) previous to those programs .
Cenoman
Cenoman

Previous

Return to Puzzles