Peter Greene : 200 Difficult Sudoku Puzzles

Books about Sudoku

Peter Greene : 200 Difficult Sudoku Puzzles

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:28 pm

So, Amazon have got this book on sale and their blurb says :
Amazon wrote: This book contains 200 difficult Sudoku puzzles, including solutions and clues. All of the puzzles in this book are made by hand and carefully tested to make sure they are difficult but not impossibly so. You should be able to solve one of the puzzles in under 30 minutes. That means this book can keep you occupied for up to 100 hours!

The book also includes a few examples on how to solve Sudoku puzzles to get you started in case you've bought this book without ever having solved a Sudoku before. If that is the case, the clues may also be of help. However, this book is intended for the reasonably experienced Sudoku player.

Anybody ever heard of Peter Greene in the world of Sudoku (i.e does he work for Nikoli at all? google turns up nothing in relation to Peter Greene and soduku except for the book.)

Would appreciate your input on this.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

re: "200 Difficult Sudoku Puzzles" by Peter Greene

Postby Pat » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:20 am

200 Difficult Sudoku Puzzles (Paperback)
by Peter Greene
( Amazon or Barnes & Noble )

the publisher wrote:This book contains 200 difficult Sudoku puzzles, including solutions and clues. All of the puzzles in this book are made by hand and carefully tested to make sure they are difficult but not impossibly so.

The book also includes a few examples on how to solve Sudoku puzzles to get you started in case you've bought this book without ever having solved a Sudoku before. If that is the case, the clues may also be of help. However, this book is intended for the reasonably experienced Sudoku player.

lunababy_moonchild wrote:Anybody ever heard of Peter Greene in the world of Sudoku (i.e does he work for Nikoli at all? Google turns up nothing in relation to Peter Greene and soduku except for the book.)

hi, lunababy_moonchild, a few days gone and no response - but possibly your question answers itself, i.e. if this Peter Greene had had any history in Su Doku we can be certain the Publisher would've been trumpeting it!

- Pat
Pat

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:27 pm

Pat

Thanks for the reply!

I think you're right, and I'll just have to reconcile myself that I have enough puzzles already:D

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby jeffloeb » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:50 am

Luna-

You could try a search on Peter Greene using a search engine like google.com or ask.com or dogpile.com

Maybe there is some information on him at amazon.com or amazon.co.uk or buy.com
jeffloeb

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:30 am

Thanks Jeffloeb

All any of them turn up is the book - or the actor!

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Return to Books