Pencil mark positions

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Pencil mark positions

Postby fjs440 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:28 pm

Since I am trying to beat my previous times, when I enter pencilmarks, I am just happy to hit the cell I want. I would still like the entry to be in a certain position, even though I do not exactly hit a particular spot of the cell.

The checkmarks should appears in the following positions in a cell:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

The present option choices almost give this to me, but not quite.

This is how I put the pencilmark numbers while doing it by hand. It really helps because of my not-so-good eyesight. Under the present choices, I have to use the automatic re-order and the 6's and 8's and 9's sort of look the same. If the 6, and 8, and 9 had specific locations in a cell, then they would be easier for me to solve. The pencilmarks are spreadout completely throughout the cell.

This would not make solving the puzzles easier, but it would depend less on my eyesight, which should not be a factor anyway.

Being a retired programmer, I know this is a very large request, but it would really be appreciated if this modification could be made.
fjs440

Postby Pappocom » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:21 pm

This is on the list for the next revision (work begins next month).

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby BBSue » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 am

:(I would like help to figure out what I have done to my program. It used to return the pencilmarks to a cell after I made an incorrect guess, but now it does not return them. How can I change it back to the original defaults for this? I am new at this online and I love it!
BBSue

Postby Hud » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:48 am

BBSue, forgive me for asking this, but when you put in an incorrect solution and want to get back to your pencilmarks, are you using the squiggly backwards arrow to the left of where the active layer display is? If you are and it doesn't work, I don't know what you could do.
Hud

Postby BBSue » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:25 pm

I am using a double left click, as I have that set as an eraser, or I am using the eraser from the top tool bar. I used to use these same two objects to erase and the pencil marks came back, but now they don't???
BBSue

Postby Hud » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:37 pm

BBSue, when I do as you said, the pencilnarks disappear. I have to use the "back icon".
Hud

I use pencil mark postions sometimes :D

Postby Sudoku Master2 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:00 pm

fjs440 wrote:Since I am trying to beat my previous times, when I enter pencilmarks, I am just happy to hit the cell I want. I would still like the entry to be in a certain position, even though I do not exactly hit a particular spot of the cell.

The checkmarks should appears in the following positions in a cell:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

The present option choices almost give this to me, but not quite.

This is how I put the pencilmark numbers while doing it by hand. It really helps because of my not-so-good eyesight. Under the present choices, I have to use the automatic re-order and the 6's and 8's and 9's sort of look the same. If the 6, and 8, and 9 had specific locations in a cell, then they would be easier for me to solve. The pencilmarks are spreadout completely throughout the cell.

This would not make solving the puzzles easier, but it would depend less on my eyesight, which should not be a factor anyway.

Being a retired programmer, I know this is a very large request, but it would really be appreciated if this modification could be made.

I've played Sudoku like that. The pencil mark postions are fun for me.
Sudoku Master2

Return to Forum questions and feedback