Pappocom Very Hard

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Pappocom Very Hard

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Thu May 24, 2007 4:31 pm

It is with much delight I announce that today I solved my very first Very Hard Pappocom Sudoku (created by the software).

I've been doing Pappocom Sudoku on and off since March 2005 (I won't bore you further with how I remember that!) and I promised myself that I would progress - or not! - with techniques that I figured out by myself.

I started at Fiendish level under the illusion that because I had been doing The Daily Mail's Codenumber (as it was then called) since November 2004 that I must be at Pappocom Fiendish level. It never occurred to me that since I was taking 3 days to complete one puzzle that I might want to drop down a level, I just kept on with it. I certainly was not prepared to learn new techniques because I wanted to solve by myself. As a result it's taken me this long to progress to Very Hard level and I have only solved the one puzzle - tomorrow's may well stop me in my tracks altogether, all part of the fun for me - but, I'm chuffed to bits.

I just felt that I had to share that with you.

Luna

*I'm back to solving with paper and pencil, disappointing only in that a wee tune is not played when I finally solve the puzzle.*
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Bigtone53 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:48 pm

It is with much delight I announce that today I solved my very first Very Hard Pappocom Sudoku (created by the software).

Hi Luna, I say congratulations even if the others are all tied up at present.
Bigtone53

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sat May 26, 2007 9:14 pm

Thanks Bigtone:D

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby MCC » Sun May 27, 2007 9:35 am

Looks like you've got your wings Luna:D

Wee tune for Luna.

MCC
MCC

Postby Pat » Sun May 27, 2007 11:20 am

MCC wrote:
lunababy_moonchild wrote:I promised myself that I would progress - or not! - with techniques that I figured out by myself.

Looks like you've got your wings Luna

we may call it wings -- especially, X-wings -- but if she's figured out the methods by herself then she'd be naming them herself too, not using any "standard" terminology

~ Pat
Pat

Postby MCC » Sun May 27, 2007 12:18 pm

_ _ _ _ _ _:?: A person who insists on strict adherence to formal rules or literal meaning at the expense of a wider view:D

Shakespeare wrote:What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.
Romeo and Juliet (1595) act 2, sc. 2, 1. 43

MCC
MCC

Postby Bigtone53 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:58 pm

...and of course

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds
Bigtone53

re: consistency

Postby Pat » Sun May 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Bigtone53 wrote:
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds

yes, it must be my foolish search for consistency which causes me to mis-understand the definitions used by simes

~ Pat
Pat

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sun May 27, 2007 6:42 pm

MCC wrote:Looks like you've got your wings Luna:D

Wee tune for Luna.

MCC

Thanks very much MCC.

I'm not very good with techniques - which is why I don't use them! - but I'm pretty sure that the only one that's necessary for the Pappocom Very Hard is x wings so I may have used that
    in the event that :

a) I remembered that this was a technique and

b) I remembered how to use it

but that would be all. I certainly didn't invent any new ones!

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Hud » Sun May 27, 2007 8:27 pm

Before I discovered this site, I used to call x-wings magic squares.
Hud

Postby udosuk » Mon May 28, 2007 1:27 am

MCC wrote:_ _ _ _ _ _:?: A person who insists on strict adherence to formal rules or literal meaning at the expense of a wider view:D

This link pops up from a google search. I found it a pretty precise (and fair) description of my own character.:)
udosuk

Return to Coffee bar