Outside Skyscraper Sudoku

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

Postby Para » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:27 pm

*Repost from the dead forum*

Here's a new puzzle by me. I'm not sure if the combination of the 2 has ever been done before. I can't remember ever seeing it. If it has been done before, feel free to correct me.

Fill the grid with the digits 1-9 so they appear once in every row column and marked 3 by 3 area. Outside the grid are pairs of clues. Of each pair one clue is an Outside Sudoku clue and one is a Skyscraper Sudoku clue. The Outside Sudoku clues indicate that the digit appears in one of the first 3 cells of that row or column from that side. The Skyscraper Sudoku clues indicate how many digits are visible from that side. Smaller digits hide behind larger digits.

Not familiar with Outside Sudoku or Skyscraper Sudoku, read up here.

http://www.worldpuzzle.org/wiki/index.p ... ide_Sudoku

http://www.worldpuzzle.org/wiki/index.p ... ers_Sudoku

Hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by Para on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Para

Re: Outside Skyscraper Sudoku

Postby HATMAN » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:17 am

Para

I've done one of these before, about six months ago - but I cannot remember where. Edit: I just tried to save it and found it already there from February, you should perhaps have mentioned this is a re-post from the dead forum?

By the way DJApe seems to have let his forum die.

The combination works very well, I recommend people try it.

Maurice
HATMAN

Re: Outside Skyscraper Sudoku

Postby Para » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks.

Yeah, I was planning on doing that. I edited it now, so it says it's a repost at the top.

I noticed DJApe's was dead. Wasn't sure if it was intentional or not as the link on the mainpage still exists.
Para

Return to Sudoku variants