Option to Show/Hide Pencilmarks

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Option to Show/Hide Pencilmarks

Postby madmax » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:13 pm

It would be nice to have an option to HIDE/SHOW pencilmarks, as sometimes it would be nice to "temporarily" hide them from view...
madmax

Postby Pappocom » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:48 pm

Something similar exists already. Press F4 to bring up the Game Options dialog, and check or un-check "Allow pencilmarks" for the grade you are interested in.

Of course, if you choose to disallow pencilmarks part-way through a puzzle, changing to Allowing pencilmarks later during the same puzzle does not bring the pencilmarks back.

Is that what you were wanting? It would be dangerous, if that happened. You might have moved on, adding new big numbers to the grid, and so the pencilmarks would no longer be accurate. They could be downright misleading.

Somehow I think I might not have answered your question, or perhaps your question doesn't say exactly what you meant... Over to you.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby madmax » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:45 am

What I'd like to see is an option that would do the following:

- It's a toggle option (either on or off);
- When on, pencilmarks would be visible and "editable"
- when off, pencilmarks would be hidden from view (not cleared!) and it would not be possible to add more pencilmarks; one would have to either clear all pencilmarks, or make them visible again to be able to enter something in the grid (or the sooner something happened to the grid, such as typing a new big number, it would automatically show pencilmarks again).

Later,
Mad
madmax

Postby MCC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:21 pm

madmax wrote:What I'd like to see is an option that would do the following:

- It's a toggle option (either on or off);
- When on, pencilmarks would be visible and "editable"
- when off, pencilmarks would be hidden from view (not cleared!) and it would not be possible to add more pencilmarks; one would have to either clear all pencilmarks, or make them visible again to be able to enter something in the grid (or the sooner something happened to the grid, such as typing a new big number, it would automatically show pencilmarks again).

Later,
Mad

Pappocom, how about the ability to change the colour of pencil marks to the background colour, the pencil marks would still be in play but invisible.
MCC

Postby Pappocom » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:02 pm

MCC, I think that would be risky. Someone is bound to forget that they changed the color to something they couldn't see - and then you can be sure I would get emails complaining that the program was "broken".:)

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback