Opinions?

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Opinions?

Postby BUSTUDENT » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:40 am

I'm a journalism student at Boston University doing a feature piece on the craze of Sudoku. I'd love to hear from some enthusiasts exactly why you love the game, how often you play, how you got started, if you own books, if you play online, etc.
BUSTUDENT

Re: Opinions?

Postby QBasicMac » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:47 pm

BUSTUDENT wrote:why you love the game, how often you play, how you got started, if you own books, if you play online, etc.

I love it because it has no pre-requisites (as opposed to crossword puzzles).

I play every day. I have a book of easy ones which I enjoy while waiting for the stoplight to change.

I also have a book of "black belt" which are less fun because I have to use pencilmarks, which converts the game to a rote eliminate-candidate ritual. But I do it anyway when the fancy strikes me. If I get stuck, I use trial and error (copy the puzzle and put possible solution in the box). This usually gives easy puzzles.:)

I always solve all possible cases to ensure the puzzle has only one solution. (All guesses but one should lead to impossible grids)

Mac
QBasicMac

Postby Pi » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:35 pm

I love to compete with myself. I love the thrill of looking at my stopwach and realising that the killer sudoku with a recommended time of 90 minutes took 8:34.
I love logic and maths and love the mental stimulation that comes with nothing else.
Pi

Return to Coffee bar