No Solution Found

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

No Solution Found

Postby Judy Martin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:14 am

I can select the newspaper where my Sudoku puzzle is published, but when I type in the first five numbers, I get an error message that says "solution not found" (or words to that effect). Example: Santa Barbara News-Press and the numbers 12976 (today's puzzle).

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

Judy M.
Judy Martin

Re: No Solution Found

Postby Smythe Dakota » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:51 am

I don't understand your question.

Are you going to a website someplace, where you can enter the newspaper name and a puzzle number, and it's supposed to access a vast database of newspaper puzzles and display the one you asked for?

Or did you enter a puzzle, digit by digit, into a piece of software, then tried to solve it by entering a few more digits, when it said there is no solution from this point on?

It might be helpful if you could show us the puzzle that supposedly has "no solution found".

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby Pat » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:36 pm

Judy Martin wrote:I can select the newspaper where my Sudoku puzzle is published,
but when I type in the first five numbers, I get an error message that says "solution not found".

Example: Santa Barbara News-Press and the numbers 12976 (today's puzzle).

hi Judy Martin,

is it possible you entered the first 5 digits of the answer ??

that's my guess.

you are supposed to enter the first 5 digits of the puzzle as printed.
Pat

Postby POPLOCK$$DROPIT$$ » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:45 am

HEY I NO WHAT YOU DID WRONG >>>> DID YOU PUT THE FIRST FIVE GENERATED NUMBERS LIKE DI$ (GENERATED NUMBERS HAVE # BEFORE THEM)

252# 5221#53
5446351#8275241
1235#221
IN THIS CASE 55382 IS THE CODE GET IT YOU PLACE THE NUMBERS THEY GAVE YOU STARTING FROM LEFT TO RIGHT KK :D [/code]
POPLOCK$$DROPIT$$

Return to Forum questions and feedback