tarek wrote:just registered for a FREE domain name & 500MB webspace (very small ad)
The offer is apparantly targeting the UK, so I'm not sure about other countries.
Haven't attempted to see how things go with scripts. will update when done.
tarek, what's your new domain-name?
tarek wrote:The domain name comes at a price....
- a very small ad at the bottom of the page
- You can't upload html pages (amongst others) --
you have to create them with the available online tool
Pat wrote:however, they have a limit of 20 MB per file -- the 37s won't fit;
do you have a better solution?
ADrive FAQ wrote:
Q: Can I share my files? If so, how?
After uploading a file, you will have several options when you right click on the file or view the options at the bottom of the page. One of them is â€œShareâ€. This will move the file to your "My Shared Files" directory and a unique web link will be generated that you can share with anyone on the Internet. The recipient of this shared file just has to click the link to download. You can also use our email-a-friend feature. Just right click on your shared file and click on the â€œEmail A Friendâ€ button, enter the email of your friend, and the email will be sent to your friend shortly including the link to download the shared file.
Q: What are the upload limits?
At the moment, the largest file size that can be uploaded is 2 GB (2048 megabytes) and no more than 1000 files at one time. This is an ISP industry wide standard.
Q: What file types can I upload to ADrive?
All file types including documents, spreadsheets, photos, music, and videos can be uploaded to ADrive.
Q: How do I connect to FTP through Internet Explorer 7?
To use FTP with Internet Explorer 7, you'll need to add the user name and password to the syntax. To connect to our FTP server with IE 7, in the locator/url bar, type:
For example, if my user name was firstname.lastname@example.org and my password was BobADr1ve, the FTP browser syntax would be:
No spaces, or it won't work.
Q: How can I upload multiple files or directories (folders) at once?
1. You can upload multiple files or directories (folders) by clicking the â€œUpload Files/Directoriesâ€ button under the â€œMy Filesâ€ tab.
2. This upload tool requires Java. If the upload tool is not visible, please make sure your browser has Java enabled or download Java at http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp.
3. To upload a directory, simply drag and drop your selected directory onto the applet to add it to your upload list. You can also click the 'Add' button to browse your files and folders.
4. The selected directory or folder content will appear in your upload list, also indicating the location of the files. Example: "foo/bar.txt" the file "bar.txt" will be uploaded to the folder "foo" in the current server directory. If you haven't already created that directory on the server, this tool will create it for you.
5. Some virus protection software "proxies" the connection and will show the upload as 100% complete even though the proxy is still sending the data to the server. Please be patient and let it run. It will refresh upon completion.