New variant page

For fans of Killer Sudoku, Samurai Sudoku and other variants

New variant page

Postby Pyrrhon » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:10 pm

I have now a new sudoku variant page in the web. There are german and english versions. You can find y sudokus at: http://www.sachsentext.de/en/

I like mostly my version of pandigital sudoku, the brick sudoku (which type I saw somewhere in the net) and the greater/less sudokus. Some of the sudokus are really hard.

Friends of killer sudoku shoul test arrow sudoku and sum search sudoku.

Pyrrhon
Pyrrhon

Postby HATMAN » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:34 pm

Pyrrhon

An excellent selection of puzzles. Please keep expanding it, as it makes a good reference site.

HATMAN
HATMAN

Postby motris » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:25 pm

Taking a quick look at the site, the range of puzzles is really great. Of course, the proof will be when I get around to solving them but I can say I'm very excited to try all of these out.

The brick puzzles you mention are new to me although sort of an even/odd sudoku in disguise.

Using inequalities in the pandigital is also new to me (I've only ever seen equalities used) and I will definitely do these 3 you offer.

Great job with these puzzles. I'll be adding this site to my list with Ed Pegg's MAA Sudoku Variant article as a reference site I give people when they want to see variant sudoku puzzles.

Thomas Snyder

P.S. - (making another combined sudoku (#39) with the exact same style as the world sudoku championships playoff round is pretty funny. Its a crazy style and I'm not sure the best "9 varaints" have been picked for each of the boxes, but, having figured I'd never see another of these again, its a refreshing puzzle to try out.)
motris

Postby Pyrrhon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:04 pm

I have also not seen inequalities (and also no subtractions) in pandigital sudokus. I hope and think this is one of my inventions. It makes it possible to have an arithmetic relation in every line. (9 equalties are not possible) and it forces new solving techniques. If you have 9 relations the arithmetical techniques are more important and the diagrams look nice to me.

I do not like the Odd/Even sudokus so much because there are no new solving techniques to classical sudokus. With brick sudokus is it a little bit other. I found this type on a polish page and in the collection of Wei Hwa.

There are not so much candidates for an Combined Sudoku. I plan to make another one substituting the Small/Big part by an arrow sudoku part. There could also be an optimization type for such a sudoku. If it has more than one solution the object could be to find the solution with the biggest sum in the pandigital part.
Pyrrhon

Return to Sudoku variants