New Sudoku Book - Need Feedback

Books about Sudoku

New Sudoku Book - Need Feedback

Postby philip » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 am

I have written a Sudoku book to help anyone master Sudoku, including an extensive section on advanced strategies to help explain the useful patterns.

While my knowledge surely pales in comparison to the forum experts, it is my hope to have explained the concepts with diagrams in a way that anyone can use the strategies.

I have placed the content of my book on my website to facilitate review. I hope Sudoku enthusiasts of all levels will visit my site to see if you find it helpful. Please provide feedback so I'll know whether I've accomplished my mission.

Here is the link: www.830pm.com/sudoku

Thank,

Phil
philip

Time is Running Out...

Postby philip » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:18 am

For the month of April you can download "Sudoku for Everyone - The Illustrated Guide to Sudoku"

Here's what one reader had to say: "There are a number of good books that teach the basics of Sudoku. But there are very few that take you past the elementary ideas - and the ones I've seen are hard to understand. Here's a book that goes from the simplest level to the most complex - and it's easy to understand because of the diagrams! I highly recommend it."

And another: "...your explanations (and diagrams) have been easier for me to follow than the ones at sudokuwiki.org."

The choice is yours. It's FREE now, so grab your copy and give me your comments.

Here's the link: www.830pm.com/sudoku/download.htm
philip

Sudoku for Everyone - The Illustrated Guide to Sukoku

Postby philip » Sat May 14, 2011 10:24 pm

I've gotten great reviews on my book "Sudoku for Everyone - The Illustrated Guide to Sudoku."

If you are a beginner, you will rapidly become an expert by reading the book. If you are already advanced, you will gain greater insight into some of the complex patterns.

I would still like to get a few more comments on the book, so I'm going to leave it up on my website for a little longer. If you haven't visited, don't delay any longer. This is a resource you will want to have available.

Forum visitors are invited to download the book from this site: www.830pm.com/sudoku/download.htm

I hope to hear from you.

Phil
philip

Re: New Sudoku Book - Need Feedback

Postby RichardGoodrich » Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 am

I have placed the content of my book on my website to facilitate review. I hope Sudoku enthusiasts of all levels will visit my site to see if you find it helpful. Please provide feedback so I'll know whether I've accomplished my mission.

I applaud your attempts and love the look of it. I have not studied it extensively, but like very much what your are trying to do and wish you all success. I like referring to you site as a one place index to many techniques and good links to a lot of good sudoku sites. I perhaps would like to see more examples and sure I will with time. Shalom, Richard
Big1952
RichardGoodrich

Postby PDN » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Hello,

I downloaded your book, and it looks very readable
and complete.

I only just skimmed it. Is there a section which
talks about when to apply which techniques?
IE -- looking at a given 1/2-solved puzzle,
are there patterns in the candidates which would
suggest, "now would be a good time to try
the 'blah' technique..."

Thanks for your dedication to the world of Sudoku!

--Prahas
PDN

Postby starstories » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:11 pm

I really like this book as it helps me to gain more control over the sudoku games.
starstories

Postby Moo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Looks like it's too late to download it, as now the links lead to a very dubious website...
Moo

Postby JasonLion » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:57 pm

The links still work fine for me. Several of them require cutting and pasting the full URL into the URL area. Once you do that everything seems fine.
JasonLion
2017 Supporter

Postby Pat-Moderator » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Moo wrote:Looks like it's too late to download it,
as now the links lead to a very dubious website...

the basic page at www.830pm.com/sudoku/download.htm does still exist,
however the "download" links will indeed take you elsewhere -- clearly abuse

that's why a Moderator chose to disable the link www.830pm.com/sudoku/download.htm
Pat-Moderator

spam by starstories

Postby Pat-Moderator » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:36 pm

this also proves that starstories is a spammer
Pat-Moderator

Postby coyote56 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Hola a todos y muchas gracias por vuestros consejos.
Me considero jugador medio de sudoku y estaria muy interesado en conseguir el enlace para ese libro sobre tecnicas de sudoku. Tambien si sabeis paginas donde expliquen claramente todo sobre tecnicas de resoluccion.
Muchas gracias
coyote56

Postby enxio27 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:14 pm

coyote56 wrote:Hola a todos y muchas gracias por vuestros consejos.
Me considero jugador medio de sudoku y estaria muy interesado en conseguir el enlace para ese libro sobre tecnicas de sudoku. Tambien si sabeis paginas donde expliquen claramente todo sobre tecnicas de resoluccion.
Muchas gracias

The book referenced above is apparently no longer available. There are many places online that teach solving techniques for sudoku.
enxio27

Postby coyote56 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Gracias, ya buscaré algo
coyote56

Postby larryhill » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:34 am

This book was very helpful and had lots of useful information that gives you good insight into how to solve the puzzles. It was very clear and easy to understand.
larryhill

Return to Books