Mouse pointer with numbers

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Mouse pointer with numbers

Postby jelv » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:46 pm

Would it be possible to have the currently selected number attached to the mouse pointer?
jelv

Postby Pappocom » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:38 am

It's certainly possible, but I tried it when I was developing the program and it got far too cluttered and confusing.

There was a danger, too, that when your mouse was stationery, you could mistake the pointer for an entered big-number. (Yes, I know ... the pointer could be a different size and color, but the mind plays tricks, even so.) And sometimes you had to look twice to see where the mouse pointer actually was.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby jelv » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:38 am

Pappocom wrote:It's certainly possible, but I tried it when I was developing the program and it got far too cluttered and confusing.

There was a danger, too, that when your mouse was stationery, you could mistake the pointer for an entered big-number. (Yes, I know ... the pointer could be a different size and color, but the mind plays tricks, even so.) And sometimes you had to look twice to see where the mouse pointer actually was.

I don't think it would be confusing. What I had in mind was to attach the number to the pointer something like this:
Actually I think the number could be a little bit smaller than I have shown.
jelv

Return to Forum questions and feedback