Minlex Form: Min and Max Lists / Chaining

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Minlex Form: Min and Max Lists / Chaining

Postby holdout » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:07 pm

My recent work on converting solution grids to minlex form has allowed me to find other minlex forms that are in the extreme neighborhoods. The known minimum and maximum forms have been taken from a post by daj95376. The lists are my own.

If you are interested in converting full solution grids to minlex form in a very fast way, then download "Minlex Form and Chaining.docx" (attached to bottom of this post). Timing tests show that solution grids can be converted at a rate of just over 50,000 per second on a 2.33 Ghz computer.

Also attached is file "MinlexForm-2.c", containing 'C' code to transform solution grids to minlex form.
Attachments
MinlexForm-2.c
MinlexForm-2.c
(24.94 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
Minlex Form and Chaining.docx
Minlex Form and Chaining
(27.75 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Last edited by holdout on Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
holdout

Re: Minlex Form: Min and Max Lists

Postby Serg » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:03 am

Hi, holdout!
Would you post the link to discussion cited by you? (Unfortunately I don't understand some terms ("row rank", etc.).)

Serg
Serg
2018 Supporter

Postby holdout » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Serg wrote:
Would you post the link to discussion cited by you? (Unfortunately I don't understand some terms ("row rank", etc.).)

I have edited the original post (at the top). The link to post is much clearer now. Go to the indicated post and open the attached ".docx" document.
holdout

Postby Serg » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi, holdout!
I've studied your article. You've done very intersting observation! But what about proof of your discovery - that cycle standard form and row rank have one-to-one correspondence. Do you have such proof?

If my understanding is right, number of minlex forms is the same as number of essentially different solution grids (about 5 billions). So, all solution grids can be devided by 14 classes based on minimal row ranks. Can it be analysed by apparatus of Group Theory?

About minimal and maximal list posted by you. Very interesting data. I am not sure my undertanding is correct. I think you considered 6+6+6=18 two-rows combination (two rows were selected always from the same band) and 6+6+6=18 two-columns combinations (two rows were selected always from the same chute). You calculated 36 "row 2 ranks" - one for each combination. Then you selected minimal row rank (for minimal list) and maximal row rank (for maximal list). Is it right?

Serg
Serg
2018 Supporter

Postby holdout » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Dear Serg,

1. You ask if I have proof that cycle standard form and row rank are in one-to-one correspondence.
--- Yes, if you accept the results of the following experiment.

After setting row-1 to '123456789', I looped over all 12096 (= 56 x 6 x 6 x 6) choices for row-2.
I converted each row pair to: A) two-row minlex form, and B) cycle standard form.
Both (A) and (B) were output on the same line.
Lines were sorted, duplicates removed, and counted.
There were exactly 15 lines in the final output file, proving a 1 - 1 correspondence.

2. You ask if the number of minlex forms is the same as number of essentially different solution grids.
--- Yes, that is correct.

3. You ask if all solution grids can be devided into 14 classes based on minimal row ranks.
--- Yes, that is correct, since there are no solution grids with with minimal row rank = 15.

4. You ask this phenomenon can be analysed by apparatus of Group Theory.
--- I do not know.

Let me say a few words about how the lists were generated.
Suppose we want to construct all solution grids which have minimum row rank = 11.
a) Of course, row-1 is '123456789' and row-2 is '457289631'.
b) Next, try all Soduko-legal choices for row-3.
Find the rank of row-1 vs. row-3 and the rank of row-2 vs. row-3.
If either rank is less than 11, then row-3 is not a good choice (try again).
c) Now that band-1 is full, let's loop over choices for the remainder of column-1.
In every minlex grid, row-4, column-1 is always '2'. That is, r4[1] = 2.
Also, we know that r4[1] < r5[1] < r6[1] and r7[1] < r8[1] < r9[1] and r4[1] < r7[1].
This is a lot of restrictions (there are only 10 ways to fill the remainder of column-1).
d) Next, loop over the legal choices for the remainder of column-2.
By treating column-1 and column-2 as rows, we can find their row rank.
Again, if the rank is less than 11, we have made a bad choice (try again).
e) Next, loop ove the legal choices for the remainder of column-3.
Find the rank of column-1 vs. column-3 and column-2 vs. column-3.
If either rank is less than 11, then column-3 is not a good choice (try again).
f) The rest of the procedure follows the same basic outline.

After the grid is full, we can say that the grid has minimum rank 11, because each time we have
added a row (or column), we checked. (There are 18 checks.)

The grids generated by this procedure are not in minlex form, so for each grid that pops out we need to convert it minlex form. All minlex forms are saved. Later, duplicates are removed. This is all quite fast and takes only a few minutes to execute.

The algorithm is rerun, but with the insistance that the minimum rank be 12. Then 13. Then 14.

Suppose we want to construct all solution grids which have maximum row rank = 3.
The procedure is very similar, but with a different starting point for row-2.
Also, the condition changes from "at least rank = 11" to "at most rank = 3".

Your questions were pretty good,
Holdout
holdout

Postby Serg » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Hello, holdout!
Thank you for clarification. I understood your answer (it is very transparent and clear). I feel Group Theory could be useful for minlex forms analysis. Maybe I'll propose smth (I am not sure I can do it).

Thanks, Serg.
Serg
2018 Supporter

Postby dobrichev » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello holdout,

I finally read your article. The "x" in the file extension caused some problems :x

As far as I understand, your approach is to score the row pairs, eliminating all but the best candidates for further processing.

Congratulations, this could really improve the speed of grid normalization in significant degree.

In Table A there is a column for #Ways to obtain the same result by different permutations and relabeling. It is automorphism level. Several permutations result to indistinguishable results, but this is true only in the context of these two rows.
Do you take into account that for the third row (and later for the next 2 bands) you must check all these ways?
Also we don't know the order of the first two rows, which should double the #Ways when the goal is normalization of the complete grid. Am I right?

From other point of view, it is known that there are exactly 416 essentially different bands, and you group them into 14 classes. It is interesting whether some of these "row pair" classes will dominate in some types of grids - these with low-clue or high-clue puzzles, with high degree of symmetry, etc.

A fast normalization algorithm could be useful for generation of all essentially different grids. Currently, if somebody wants to perform some operation over all grids, he/she must use large catalog in compressed or uncompressed form. I am using a catalog compressed to 54GB, and decompression itself takes ~2 hours. If there is a tool, capable to produce a stream of all grids with same or better speed, it will be helpful.

Finally, some words about the ideal normalization algorithm.
It must be capable to perform the operation in 2 steps: obtain the "transformation(s)", then apply the transformation(s) to the given grid or to a subgrid (puzzle). For grids with automorphism level > 1 there must be a list of valid transformations, up to 648.
It must be capable to perform reverse transformations.
It must be thread-safe, which is not the case in gsf's implementation of your puzzle minlex algorithm (the static buffer for the stacks).

I like the "undocumented feature" of your algorithm to normalize invalid puzzles. Replacing all givens by "1" transforms any template to its minlex form very well. If you are planning to open your improved code, I'll be happy if you keep this feature.

Cheers,
MD
dobrichev
2016 Supporter

Postby holdout » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Dear Mladen Dobrichev,

I'm sorry that the ".docx" file type, a Microsoft creation, has caused a few problems.

A few years ago I wrote a 'C++' program to convert both partial and full Soduko grids to minlex form. About three months ago, to my chagrin and edification, you brought to my attention a logic error in the part of the code that deals with partial grids. I decided to re-write the whole thing. In doing so, I re-visited the full grid problem.

Let me address questions dealing with converting full solution grids to minlex form.

1. Yes, my approach is to score row pairs, saving only the best for futher processing.
First, compute the puzzle transpose, so that chutes can be treated as three extra bands.
Next, compute the "rank" of each pair of rows within a band. Since the rank of row-x vs. row-y is the same as row-y vs. row-x, only 18 routine calls need be made. Only row pairs of lowest rank need be considered as candidates for the first two rows in the minlex matrix.

2. If row-x and row-y are one of the candidate pairs, either order could be correct, and both choices must be pursued.

3. Suppose we wish to pursue row-x vs. row-y. Since we know the rank of row-x vs. row-y, we also know:
a) exactly what row-1 and row-2 of the minlex matrix will be. (Our goal.)
b) the "#Ways" that row-x/row-y can be transformed into our goal.
c) the cycle structure of our goal and the cycle structure of row-x/row-y.
d) how to quickly generate a dual key set for row-y vs. row-x using a known permutation.

There is a way (not detailed in the reference, because of complexity) to generate a set of keys which transform row-x/row-y to our goal. Although row-y/row-x keys could be generated using the same scheme, it is much faster to generate the dual key set from the one we already have, using a known permutation.

4. We are really flying now. Row-1 and row-2 are filled. We know the entire 9-long "column" key and the substututions needed to make row-1 equal to '123456789'. So we just plop-in row-3 with the only remaining row from the xy-band and "score". The "score" is whatever row-3 turns out to be. At this point, the number of competing answers will usually be reduced to just one.

5. To order minlex rows 4 thru 9, we need only to examine the translated (substituted) digits in the first column in the rows of the two bands we have not already used (we should know whether we are dealing with the original or its transpose).

Here follows some of your statements/questions and my comments.

*** In Table A there is a column for #Ways to obtain the same result by different permutations and relabeling. It is automorphism level. Several permutations result to indistinguishable results, but this is true only in the context of these two rows.

--- Sorry, I don't understand the question.

*** Do you take into account that for the third row (and later for the next 2 bands) you must check all these ways?

--- After the initial 18 "checks", no further checks are made. The computation of "rank" is just to quickly find candidates for minlex row-1 and row-2.

*** From other point of view, it is known that there are exactly 416 essentially different bands, and you group them into 14 classes.

--- When I was generating the min and max lists, I really didn't consider that grids could also be classified by minimum or maximum rank, though what you say is true. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

*** A fast normalization algorithm could be useful for generation of all essentially different grids.

--- The algorithm I used to normalize full grids is certainly fast, but it may not be fast enough for your proposed applications.

*** Finally, some words about the ideal normalization algorithm. It must be capable to perform the operation in 2 steps: obtain the "transformation(s)", then apply the transformation(s) to the given grid or to a subgrid (puzzle). For grids with automorphism level > 1 there must be a list of valid transformations, up to 648. It must be capable to perform reverse transformations. It must be thread-safe, which is not the case in gsf's implementation of your puzzle minlex algorithm (the static buffer for the stacks).

--- I do not know the meaning of: 1) "automorphism level > 1" or 2) "reverse transformation" or 3) "thread-safe".
Your mentioned a "list of valid transformations, up to 648". I stated earlier that after row-3 is added to the minlex matrix that the number of competing answers will usually be reduced to just one. In one very special case, the number of competing answers is 648, and that is when the the first three rows of the minlex matrix are:
Code: Select all
123 456 789
456 789 123
789 123 456

--- The updated version of the routine will be in 'C', and the normalization of partial puzzles will be about the same, hopefully without the logic bug. I will email to you some 'C' code showing how I compute "rank".

Cheers,
holdout
holdout

Postby dobrichev » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi holdout,

Thank you for the detailed answers.

holdout wrote:*** In Table A there is a column for #Ways to obtain the same result by different permutations and relabeling. It is automorphism level. Several permutations result to indistinguishable results, but this is true only in the context of these two rows.

--- Sorry, I don't understand the question.

*** Do you take into account that for the third row (and later for the next 2 bands) you must check all these ways?

--- After the initial 18 "checks", no further checks are made. The computation of "rank" is just to quickly find candidates for minlex row-1 and row-2.

Your answer to the second question above, along with these remarks
2. If row-x and row-y are one of the candidate pairs, either order could be correct, and both choices must be pursued.
we also know ... b) the "#Ways" that row-x/row-y can be transformed into our goal.

answers also the first question. Yes, it was not a question but a warning after fixing first two rows not to forget to loop over all possible transformations instead of choosing a random one.

holdout wrote:*** Finally, some words about the ideal normalization algorithm. It must be capable to perform the operation in 2 steps: obtain the "transformation(s)", then apply the transformation(s) to the given grid or to a subgrid (puzzle). For grids with automorphism level > 1 there must be a list of valid transformations, up to 648. It must be capable to perform reverse transformations. It must be thread-safe, which is not the case in gsf's implementation of your puzzle minlex algorithm (the static buffer for the stacks).

--- I do not know the meaning of: 1) "automorphism level > 1" or 2) "reverse transformation" or 3) "thread-safe".

Automorphism.
See Automorphic Sudokus, How to calculate number of pattern's automorphisms?. This is the distribution of grids by level of automorphism, initially published by gsf (sorry but I lost the link to the original post).
1   5472170387
2   548449
3   7336
4   2826
6   1257
8   29
9   42
12   92
18   85
27   2
36   15
54   11
72   2
108   3
162   1
648   1

For each of the 5472170387 grids there is exactly one transformation which, applied to a chosen isomorph of the respective grid, uniquely transforms it to the predefined canonical form (say row-minlex form). For the rest, there is more than one valid transformation. Transformed grids are indistinguishable, but transformed puzzles might be distinguishable.

Reversed transformation.
Suppose we have 2 grids which differ only in the permutations of values within a unavoidable rectangle. It is expected that both solution grids
a) are not necessarily close to each other when represented in minlex form;
b) are very close in most of their properties.
Suppose we have 2 sets of puzzles, each solved to some isomorph of one of the grids.
Transforming each solution to minlex form, then applying the same transformation to the puzzle, will give comparable puzzles for each of the grids.
But how to compare the puzzles from one set to other? One possible way is, knowing the representations of the solution grids which are close (differ in only 4 cell values), to canonicalize them (along with puzzles), then to apply the "reverse transformation" from one grid to the puzzles of the other. Then all puzzles will be in the same "coordinate system".
The task is complicated when one or both of the grids have automorphism level > 1.

Thread safety.
Since multi-core processors are popular, it is efficient to break long-running tasks into smaller chunks and distribute them to be executed in parallel on all available processors (when possible). If some procedure uses non-constant static data, then executing the same procedure concurrently on several processors (threads) will cause mess in this portion of the data. One simple solution is never to use static variables. Of course this has its own cost.
In order to avoid memory allocation/deallocation in the heap at each call to the minlex procedure, a static pointer is used, and the memory for the both transformation stacks is allocated only on the first call to the procedure. If, at the middle of the execution, a second processor (thread) started execution of the same piece of code, if will reinitialize the memory, currently used from the first processor (thread).
   static Answer_t *Oldstk, *Newstk;

if (!Oldstk)
   {
      if (!(Oldstk = (Answer_t*)malloc(2 * MAXANS * sizeof(Answer_t))))
         return;
      Newstk = Oldstk + MAXANS;
   }

In parallelizing my sudoku tools I am using OpenMP, which is easy to implement.

holdout wrote:*** A fast normalization algorithm could be useful for generation of all essentially different grids.

--- The algorithm I used to normalize full grids is certainly fast, but it may not be fast enough for your proposed applications.

This is a challenge. The art is a) to visit all 5472730538 grids in some optimal way, and b) to ensure you output the grid only once, not keeping huge history, where fast canonicalization could take place.

Another challenge is to find the most natural canonical form. Row-minlex is definitely the most human-friendly representation, but mathematically Anchor-5 form, with some still unknown additions, seems a better candidate.

I didn't understand the "dual key" concept. Hope it is some of the interesting details not described accurately in your article.

Congratulations for your innovative research. I am sure that during the coding you will find the best solutions of the remaining canonicalization problems (if such still exist :)).

Cheers,
MD
dobrichev
2016 Supporter

Postby Pat » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:16 am

dobrichev wrote:
This is the distribution of grids by level of automorphism,
initially published by gsf
(sorry but I lost the link to the original post).

1   5472170387
2   548449
3   7336
4   2826
6   1257
8   29
9   42
12   92
18   85
27   2
36   15
54   11
72   2
108   3
162   1
648   1

this was the old post --
Pat

Two Row Minlex Rank

Postby dobrichev » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Here are some statistics for the 2-row rank.

Bands.
The first column is zero based band number.
The rest 3 columns are zero based rank for the respective row pair.
Hidden Text: Show
Band   r12   r13   r23
0   0   0   0
1   0   1   1
2   0   2   2
3   0   0   0
4   0   2   2
5   0   1   1
6   0   2   2
7   0   0   0
8   0   1   1
9   0   1   1
10   0   2   2
11   0   0   2
12   0   1   1
13   0   1   1
14   0   1   1
15   0   0   0
16   0   2   2
17   1   1   2
18   1   2   1
19   1   1   2
20   1   1   2
21   1   1   2
22   1   2   1
23   1   1   2
24   1   2   1
25   1   1   2
26   2   2   2
27   2   2   2
28   2   2   2
29   2   2   2
30   2   2   2
31   3   13   3
32   3   14   5
33   3   12   4
34   3   11   6
35   3   11   3
36   3   12   7
37   3   12   4
38   3   11   3
39   3   10   8
40   3   9   9
41   3   7   4
42   3   6   10
43   3   14   4
44   3   13   3
45   3   11   3
46   3   12   7
47   3   12   5
48   3   11   6
49   3   11   8
50   3   12   4
51   3   9   4
52   3   10   10
53   3   6   3
54   3   7   9
55   3   11   10
56   3   12   7
57   3   7   9
58   3   10   6
59   3   9   12
60   3   12   9
61   3   11   6
62   3   6   10
63   3   9   7
64   3   10   11
65   3   14   4
66   3   13   3
67   3   11   8
68   3   12   4
69   3   11   10
70   3   11   3
71   3   12   5
72   3   9   4
73   3   6   3
74   3   7   7
75   3   13   8
76   3   14   4
77   3   12   4
78   3   12   9
79   3   12   4
80   3   11   3
81   3   10   3
82   3   7   5
83   3   6   6
84   3   12   9
85   3   11   6
86   3   6   10
87   3   9   7
88   3   11   10
89   3   12   7
90   3   7   9
91   3   10   6
92   3   12   5
93   3   7   4
94   3   10   3
95   3   9   4
96   3   4   4
97   3   3   8
98   3   12   4
99   3   7   5
100   3   6   3
101   3   7   4
102   3   6   8
103   3   3   3
104   3   5   4
105   3   9   7
106   3   10   10
107   3   4   9
108   3   6   6
109   3   7   9
110   3   11   6
111   3   12   7
112   3   6   10
113   3   7   7
114   3   6   6
115   3   5   9
116   3   12   9
117   3   11   10
118   3   7   7
119   3   10   10
120   3   9   9
121   3   3   6
122   3   7   12
123   3   3   11
124   3   10   11
125   3   4   12
126   3   12   4
127   3   10   8
128   3   4   4
129   3   11   8
130   3   9   4
131   3   7   4
132   3   3   3
133   3   9   9
134   3   6   10
135   3   11   6
136   3   7   7
137   3   12   9
138   3   10   10
139   4   13   5
140   4   12   6
141   4   11   4
142   4   11   7
143   4   11   4
144   4   10   9
145   4   9   8
146   4   7   10
147   4   6   4
148   4   13   4
149   4   11   7
150   4   12   6
151   4   11   5
152   4   11   4
153   4   12   8
154   4   9   10
155   4   10   4
156   4   6   9
157   4   11   7
158   4   12   10
159   4   6   9
160   4   12   6
161   4   11   9
162   4   6   12
163   4   7   10
164   4   9   11
165   4   10   7
166   4   13   4
167   4   11   9
168   4   12   8
169   4   12   10
170   4   11   5
171   4   9   6
172   4   10   4
173   4   6   7
174   4   13   4
175   4   14   8
176   4   12   10
177   4   11   4
178   4   11   9
179   4   11   4
180   4   10   7
181   4   7   6
182   4   6   5
183   4   11   7
184   4   12   10
185   4   6   9
186   4   11   5
187   4   6   7
188   4   7   6
189   4   8   4
190   4   7   6
191   4   10   5
192   4   6   7
193   4   7   8
194   4   6   4
195   4   5   10
196   4   11   7
197   4   12   6
198   4   10   9
199   4   12   10
200   4   11   9
201   4   6   12
202   4   9   6
203   4   7   11
204   4   10   7
205   4   10   9
206   4   9   10
207   4   8   7
208   4   12   8
209   4   11   4
210   4   10   9
211   4   9   10
212   4   6   4
213   4   6   4
214   4   11   9
215   4   12   10
216   4   6   7
217   5   11   7
218   5   11   5
219   5   12   6
220   5   12   8
221   5   9   10
222   5   6   9
223   5   13   5
224   5   12   6
225   5   11   7
226   5   9   8
227   5   7   10
228   5   11   9
229   5   7   10
230   5   12   10
231   5   6   9
232   5   9   6
233   5   10   12
234   5   14   8
235   5   11   9
236   5   6   5
237   5   7   6
238   5   7   10
239   5   5   8
240   6   13   6
241   6   14   7
242   6   12   9
243   6   11   10
244   6   6   8
245   6   14   7
246   6   13   6
247   6   11   10
248   6   12   9
249   6   6   8
250   6   11   11
251   6   12   12
252   6   7   7
253   6   6   6
254   6   10   10
255   6   9   9
256   6   12   12
257   6   11   11
258   6   6   6
259   6   7   7
260   6   9   9
261   6   10   10
262   6   14   9
263   6   13   10
264   6   11   8
265   6   11   6
266   6   12   7
267   6   13   10
268   6   14   9
269   6   11   8
270   6   12   7
271   6   11   6
272   6   11   11
273   6   12   12
274   6   7   7
275   6   10   10
276   6   9   9
277   6   12   7
278   6   10   10
279   6   9   9
280   6   8   8
281   6   12   7
282   6   7   9
283   6   6   10
284   6   11   11
285   6   12   12
286   6   7   7
287   6   10   10
288   6   6   6
289   6   9   9
290   6   12   12
291   6   11   11
292   6   6   10
293   6   9   7
294   6   7   9
295   6   10   11
296   6   9   12
297   6   8   6
298   6   12   9
299   6   11   10
300   6   10   8
301   6   6   6
302   6   7   7
303   6   11   11
304   6   12   12
305   6   9   9
306   6   6   6
307   6   10   10
308   6   7   7
309   7   13   7
310   7   12   10
311   7   11   9
312   7   7   8
313   7   13   7
314   7   11   9
315   7   12   10
316   7   11   12
317   7   10   9
318   7   12   11
319   7   11   12
320   7   9   10
321   7   10   9
322   7   14   10
323   7   13   9
324   7   12   8
325   7   11   7
326   7   13   9
327   7   14   10
328   7   12   8
329   7   11   7
330   7   11   12
331   7   10   9
332   7   10   9
333   7   7   10
334   7   11   12
335   7   7   10
336   7   12   11
337   7   11   12
338   7   9   10
339   7   10   9
340   7   10   12
341   7   9   11
342   7   8   9
343   7   12   10
344   7   11   9
345   7   7   8
346   7   11   12
347   8   8   8
348   8   10   10
349   8   9   9
350   8   10   10
351   8   11   8
352   8   9   9
353   8   9   9
354   8   11   10
355   8   12   9
356   8   9   12
357   8   11   10
358   8   8   13
359   9   10   9
360   9   9   11
361   9   10   12
362   9   12   10
363   9   12   10
364   9   11   9
365   9   10   12
366   9   11   12
367   9   12   11
368   9   11   12
369   9   12   11
370   9   11   12
371   9   11   12
372   9   9   10
373   9   10   14
374   9   9   13
375   9   14   10
376   9   13   9
377   9   11   12
378   9   11   12
379   10   10   10
380   10   10   11
381   10   11   10
382   10   11   11
383   10   12   12
384   10   12   12
385   10   11   11
386   10   12   12
387   10   11   11
388   10   10   10
389   10   11   11
390   10   12   12
391   10   10   13
392   10   13   10
393   10   11   11
394   10   12   12
395   10   11   11
396   10   12   12
397   11   13   11
398   11   14   12
399   11   12   12
400   11   11   11
401   11   14   12
402   11   13   11
403   11   11   11
404   11   12   12
405   11   12   14
406   11   11   13
407   11   12   12
408   11   14   12
409   12   13   12
410   12   13   12
411   12   13   12
412   13   13   13
413   13   14   14
414   13   13   13
415   13   14   14

Grid distribution per minimal rank.
Rank    Grids
0   488843212
1   519376601
2    68420279
3  3867134553
4   475255539
5    30137776
6    22132319
7     1376973
8       31987
9       20184
10       1077
11         34
12          3
13          1
14          0
=============

How to read the above table:
There are 488843212 essentially different grids having at least one row pair with rank 0.
There are 34 ED grids having no row pairs with rank 0..10 and having at least one row pair with rank 11.

Cheers,
MD
dobrichev
2016 Supporter

Re: Two Row Minlex Rank

Postby holdout » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:35 pm

dobrichev wrote:Here are some statistics for the 2-row rank.

Bands.
The first column is zero based band number.
The rest 3 columns are zero based rank for the respective row pair.
Band   r12   r13   r23
0   0   0   0
1   0   1   1

Could you post an extra column to the 416-long hidden table?
The "gangster-44" number might be interesting.

holdout
holdout

Re: Two Row Minlex Rank

Postby dobrichev » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:15 pm

holdout wrote:Could you post an extra column to the 416-long hidden table?
The "gangster-44" number might be interesting.

I never played directly with gangsters.

Maybe somebody can help, providing a (reference to) list with row-minlex band number and gangster number.
If there is some relationship with 2-row ranks I'll merge this column in the bands table.
dobrichev
2016 Supporter

Re: Minlex Form: Min and Max Lists / Chaining

Postby coloin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:41 pm

coloin

Ranks for the 416 Bands and Gang-44

Postby dobrichev » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:10 pm

zero based band number,
band in rowminlex canonical representation (from dukuso, not verified),
zero based two-row rank number for rows 12, 13, 23,
gang44 index (sorted)
Hidden Text: Show