Maths mystery

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Maths mystery

Postby Cec » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:06 am

udosuk wrote:"....here is a thread I started in another forum... 5 posts all by myself... ":!:
Firstly, thanks udosuk for your good wishes and I'm feeling much better. I had a quick look at your thread and whilst the "6174 mystery" received some support in this particular thread, a complex mathematical explanation probably only satisfies the "serious mathematicians" - if I may use that expression - but offer little or no interest to others.

For what it's worth, I had a similar experience in this Uniform notation thread in not receiving a reply and whilst it left me feeling "empty" it does test one's tolerance meter to accept that others don't have the same view or enthusiasm which they of course are also entitled to have. That said IT STILL LEAVES YOU FEELING %$#@&*:)

Cec
Cec

Re: Maths mystery

Postby udosuk » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:41 am

Cec wrote:That said IT STILL LEAVES YOU FEELING %$#@&*:)

Not feeling that strongly but since I opened that particular thread I felt obliged to "close the case" with a thorough analysis...

But I agree that "serious maths" is not for everybody's taste...

Thanks Cec for the consolation... I think my "toleration meter" is quite good...:)
udosuk

Re: Maths mystery

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:58 am

Udosuk wrote:But I agree that "serious maths" is not for everybody's taste...

I'd just like to point out that for the dyscalculaics amongst us, "serious maths" is simply not an option not just a matter of taste:D

Perhaps we're in the minority in the general population and even more so here but please don't assume that that makes maths uninteresting.

For myself, my logic skills are about average and everything else is beyond me, so my posing a question on the subject doesn't actually help me any because I won't understand the answer either.

Just so that you know:D

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Previous

Return to Coffee bar