Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Masters Scoreboard

Postby Hud » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:37 pm

Here's a web site where you can get up-to-the-minute Masters Scores:
http://www.golfweb.com/tournaments/masters/leaderboard
Hud

Masters Scoreboard

Postby Cec » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:34 am

Thanks Hud for posting this link. I notice the Scoreboard specifically mentions those players who use a "particular brand" golf ball - interesting that the current placings after round 2 show the four leading players don't use this brand.
Cec
Cec

Postby Hud » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:27 pm

Cec, I guess they won't call it the #1 ball in golf if this keeps up. There was an article in our paper about a feud between Hensby and some of the other Australian golfers. I believe Allenby called him a [Edited by Luna] but I don't know what that means. He said "On the record, he is a [Edited by Luna], and you can write that".

I realise that you didn't know what this meant when you posted it but now that you do I'm editing it out because I'd really rather prefer not to encourage such language. Luna
Hud

Postby Ruud » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:37 pm

(removed a now useless Wikipedia link)
Last edited by Ruud on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruud

Postby Hud » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:50 pm

Sorry for whatever it is that was offensive. I'll guarantee you (all) that it was unintentional. It was in my local paper and the Melbourne Paper.
Hud

Masters Scorecard

Postby Cec » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:24 pm

Hud wrote:"Cec, I guess they won't call it the #1 ball in golf if this keeps up. There was an article in our paper about a feud between Hensby and some of the other Australian golfers. I believe Allenby called him a [Edited by Luna] but I don't know what that means. He said "On the record, he is a [Edited by Luna], and you can write that".."

Knowing the "empty" feeling myself when no one replies to your post I decided to thank Hud for this interesting link - interesting to me anyway. Being a "golfer" of soughts with a handicap of only one (which is the golf ball!) I was probably unwise to mention the leader board situation at the end of round 2 knowing anything can happen in golf over the next two rounds.
Luna wrote:I realise that you didn't know what this meant when you posted it but now that you do I'm editing it out because I'd really rather prefer not to encourage such language. Luna

For obvious reasons I chose not to mention "the" golf ball but I'm in the dark with the the rest of the above comments concerning a feud and certain "language" between some players. In addition I hope readers haven't incorrectly assumed it was me who used "such language" in my post which wasn't the case. Cec use bad language? Never:!::)

PS. Just noticed your above comments Hud and no offence taken.

Cec
Cec

Postby Hud » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:07 am

I was pretty happy that Phil won since he has lots of roots to The Phoenix area having attended ASU. I try to go to the FBR Open (formerly the Phoenix Open) one day each year and he's a fan favorite. Tiger Woods refuses to play here for several reasons. I was also rooting for Freddy Couples since he's always been a real gentleman when I've seen him play. Since the tournament's over, I'd like to see this thread removed, if possible.
Hud

Postby emm » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:16 am

Hud - I hope you didn't call him a tosspot.:D
emm

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:18 am

The thread is a valid one and is in the Off-Topic section which is why it wasn't removed. I also think it was a good idea so, even though the tournament's over, I think that the thread should stay.

The word I edited out (and thus making Hud's post somewhat difficult to understand) was done so because we have been getting a great deal in the way of explicit spam to the Forum and I wanted to make it perfectly clear that nothing questionable could be posted. The edited word wasn't that bad, actually, but it was insulting to the person to whom it was addressed so I edited it out for that reason too.

I know that Hud did not know what the word meant and didn't intend any offence and none was taken by me, which is why the whole post wasn't deleted.

Thanks to Ruud for the Wikipedia link to explain the word's meaning. I left the link because I thought that the reference to Wikidpedia was enough but edited out the word concerned.

Hope that explains things

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby emm » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:15 am

lunababy_moonchild wrote:I also think it was a good idea so ... I think that the thread should stay.

(no) offence ... was taken by me, which is why the whole post wasn't deleted.

I left the link because I thought that the reference to Wikipedia was enough ...

Hope that explains things

Luna

I would say that explains things perfectly.
emm

Return to Coffee bar