MAC Suduko

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

MAC Suduko

Postby tominator » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:57 pm

I have been looking for months for a decent suduko game for mac. I have one on my pc and can solve very hard puzzles in 15 minutes or less just because the pencil marks are easy to enter. All I have found are complex time consuming methods of entering pencil marks on mac suduko puzzles. The pc suduko allows me to select a number and then go to all of the squares where that number is a possibility and then just click. It keeps the numbers in sequence from low to high. It does not position the numbers in the same place each time except for #1. It allows as many numbers as there are possibilities for the box even if the puzzle is a 16x16. The only thing the program does not allow is a dubbed puzzle except for a 9x9. I can create puzzles from 4x4 to 4x6 to 8x8 15x15 with the boxes being 3x5 each or in case of 16x16 it can have boxes of 2x8 8 across and 2 rows or 8 rows by 2 columns.

totally frustrated[size=18][/size][color=darkblue][/color]
tominator

Postby udosuk » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Just a random thought... Maybe if you spell Sudoku correctly (it's S-U-D-O-K-U instead of S-U-D-U-K-O) then you can find your desired program more easily via google or other search engines.:?:

Anyway, JC's JSudoku:

http://jcbonsai.free.fr/sudoku

... appears to be a pretty decent solver/generator for Mac users (and Windows/Linux users too)...:idea:
udosuk

Return to Forum questions and feedback