Lulu promotion

Books about Sudoku

Lulu promotion

Postby denis_berthier » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:15 pm

For those who may be interested in my Sudoku books:

my editor, Lulu, offers a 25% discount with the following coupon code LULUBOOKUK305 for all my books (and probably other books, but it is unclear in their mail if the same promotion code works). It is the first time they do this and I don't know if or when they will do it again.

This is valid only for direct purchases on Lulu website, until the 31st of January, upto a maximum discount of 50 £ per purchase.
Direct access to the books:
The Hidden Logic of Sudoku: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-hidden-logic-of-sudoku-%28second-edition%29/2013922
Constraint Resolution Theories: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/constraint-resolution-theories/18488659
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

new Lulu promotion

Postby denis_berthier » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:19 pm

It seems they will repeat the same kind of promotion:

30% discount (upto 50€) with new coupon code: FEBRUARYCART305EUR, valid only 3 days, until Feb. 19
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Re: Lulu promotion

Postby Andrya » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:46 am

Hi,
What I want to say about The Hidden Logic of Sudoku (second edition) is that the writer has pushed the underlying logic of xy-chains to its limits, he has introduced xyt-chains and shown that they are a very natural and powerful generalisation of xychains. He has also defined another independent generalisation, the xyz-chains, and combined it with the previous one to get the xyzt-chains. But can you tell me that does this promo exist still? As most of the companies offer promotional goods, as my friend told me about taschen werbemittel. I think that the price offered by you a little bit increased as compared with other promos...!
Thanks
Andrya
Last edited by Andrya on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrya

Postby denis_berthier » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 am

Andrya wrote:Hi,
What I want to say about The Hidden Logic of Sudoku (second edition) is that the writer has pushed the underlying logic of xy-chains to its limits, he has introduced xyt-chains and shown that they are a very natural and powerful generalisation of xychains. He has also defined another independent generalisation, the xyz-chains, and combined it with the previous one to get the xyzt-chains.

Hi Andrya,
If you continue your reading, you will also find the hidden and "3D" generalisations of these patterns.

Andrya wrote:But can you tell me that does this promo exist still?

The particular promotion announced above is no longer valid.
Lulu promotions are decided by Lulu alone. They often have promotions on their website (upto 20 or 25% discount); but recently, they introduced a second type of promotion (upto 30%) with short validity, for which they send each time a new promotion code to the author. But AFAIK they have sent authors no information about this promotion policy. To me, both types seem to appear at random times. (I conjecture that randomness is part of their policy, so that people visit their site more often.)

Andrya wrote:I think that the price offered by you a little bit increased as compared with other promos...!

I don't understand. How can the price (offered by Lulu, not me) be increased by the promo?
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby Andrya » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 am

Hi,
Actually I was searching several sites for good promo deals. I found once site that was offering a little bit LOWERED PRICINGS...Due to that reason I said that the price looked me a little bit higher.
Thanks
Andrya
Andrya

Return to Books