Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

Postby Cec » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:15 am

I'm not sure whether this is the right section to post this thread but I still have the annoying problem in having to type my username and password every time I log in even though I tick the square which says Log me on automatically each visit. Any solution anybody?

Cec
Cec

Postby Mauricio » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:40 am

It must be some computer related problem. Does your browser automatically delete cookies after you close your browser?
Mauricio

Postby Ruud » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:13 am

This might be related to the URL change after the "takeover".

Make sure you're using the new URL when you enter the forum. For example, if you have the old URL in your favourites, replace it with the new URL.

Then clear your cookies using the browser settings. This will remove the cookie that is linked to the old URL. After that, you should be able to save your login settings ... I think. It worked for me.

Ruud
Ruud

Postby Cec » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:26 am

Ruud wrote:"...Make sure you're using the new URL when you enter the forum. For example, if you have the old URL in your favourites, replace it with the new URL..."

Thanks for reply. What is the new URL?

Mauricio wrote:It must be some computer related problem. Does your browser automatically delete cookies after you close your browser?

Thanks Mauricio. I don't know whether my browser automatically deletes my cookies and I'm not familiar with this procedure. When I get the new URL I"ll select Tools/Internet Options and Delete Cookies and then see what happens.

Cec
Cec

Postby udosuk » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:40 am

The new url is:

http://forum.enjoysudoku.com/index.php

The old url has "forums" instead of "boards".:idea:
udosuk

Postby Cec » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:37 am

Thanks udosuk for your latest prompt reply and I've now got it working OK without having to continually log in.

Cec
Cec

Re: Log in dilemma

Postby udosuk » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:24 pm

Cec wrote:Thanks udosuk for your latest prompt reply and I've now got it working OK without having to continually log in.

You're welcome. Glad to be able to help.:)

Ruud & Mauricio provided all the useful advices, I just added in a little bit.:D
udosuk

Re: Log in dilemma

Postby Cec » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:56 pm

udosuk wrote:"...Ruud & Mauricio provided all the useful advices, I just added in a little bit.:D "

Again thanks to Ruud and Mauricio for helping me out. Last night, I was actually typing a final thank you to all concerned when a power failure occurred and I lost all my typing - after waiting up for about an hour or so, still without power, I went to bed.

Cec
Cec

Return to Coffee bar