Left click on pencilmark - Right click on pencilmark

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Left click on pencilmark - Right click on pencilmark

Postby pH7 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:27 pm

A left click on a pencilmark should enter the number clicked as the big number for that square. Since left clicking on a pencilmark currently does nothing, this would not interfere with how the program currently works. An issue to be resolved is whether the current number should change to the big number that was just entered. I believe the current number should change to be consistent with entering a big number via any other method.

A right click on a pencilmark should remove that pencilmark. Since right clicking on a pencilmark currently does nothing, this would not interfere with how the program currently works. An issue to be resolved is whether the current number should change to the pencilmark number that was just removed. I believe the current number should change to be consistent with removing a pencilmark via any other method.

When I first started playing, I tried to left click a pencilmark to make it the big number several times. This just seemed like a natural thing to do. for instance, if the pencilmarks in a square are 1 3 8 and I have just decided that 3 is correct, to point at the 3 and click on it is very natural. I would agree that the right click to remove is not as intuitive, but still I think it would be quite handy.
pH7

Return to Forum questions and feedback