Installing the game on my daughters computer

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Installing the game on my daughters computer

Postby wendy » Sat May 28, 2005 9:35 am

Hi, First thanks for such a great game. I have bought this game only just this week and am really enjoying it. Now I want to put the game on my mums computer as well as my daughters computer.
When I go to install the game on my daughters computer it asks to be connected to the internet.
My daughter doesnt have the internet connected so how can I get the game onto her computer. I thought the download that I did was the full program and all i needed to do was install the code.
Please advise as to what I can do.
regards
wendy
wendy

Postby Pappocom » Sun May 29, 2005 2:07 am

You do not need an Internet connection when you are playing Sudoku, but you will probably need an Internet connection when you are installing the program.

If the receiving computer does not have an Internet connection, you can try this:

1. Using a computer which does have an Internet connection, go to www.sudoku.com/inv405/ and download SudokuSetup_large.exe . This file is HUGE. It is over 13MB in size, but is designed to contain everything which the most disadvantaged computer in the world might need in order to run Sudoku.

Note that this file is NOT the same file as the SudokuSetup file you normally download from www.sudoku.com/download.htm. To download SudokuSetup_large.exe, just click on its name and follow the instructions. It will take a long while to download, especially if you do not have a broadband connection.

2. When the download is complete, transfer the file to a CD, a flash drive or some other removable medium whcih can take a file of that size. Then move to the receiving computer (which has to have the ability to read the medium you are using) and copy the file onto that computer.

3. On the receiving computer, Run the SudokuSetup_large.exe file. This will install the Sudoku program on the receiving computer, without the need for an Internet connection.

Bear in mind that the Licence which governs the Sudoku program says that, with one purchase of the program, you can install it on (a) your work computer and your home computer, OR (b) your desktop computer and your portable computer, BUT (c) on no more than 2 computers at any one time.

Wendy, it sounds as if for what you have in mind, you will need to purchase 1 additional copy.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback