I Miss Emm!

Anything goes, but keep it seemly...

I Miss Emm!

Postby mikejapan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:21 pm

Where's Emm gone?
She was the main reason I stayed with this forum. She was fun.
Can't we get her back?
If you miss Emm, click on this post as many times as possible and hopefully she will see the number of views and come back.
mikejapan

Postby Ruud » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:21 am

When you miss you exchanges with Emm,
and would be pleased to continue them,
then, I would say,
there is a simple way,
you can ask her to return in a PM.
Ruud

Postby mikejapan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:45 pm

Excellent idea Ruud!
Write some dodgy poetry, she'll see it and feel morally obliged to criticize it.

One person maybe won't pusuade her.
She might think that person's Darth Vader!
But one thousand views,
The Forum's "Who's whos,
Including Jose from Grenada.
mikejapan

Postby jose-granada » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:18 pm

Ola Ms Emm, donde esta?
Are you having a little siesta?
Good poems for a gringo.
More rhythym than Ringo.
Until next time, hasta la vesta.
jose-granada

Postby wintder » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:38 pm

Ruud wrote:When you miss you exchanges with Emm,
and would be pleased to continue them,
then, I would say,
there is a simple way,
you can ask her to return in a PM.

If the PM is not her mood,
Because that would just be too rude,
I'd like it ok,
If that was the way,
Emm came back here for our own ghoud!
wintder

Postby emm » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:04 am

It’s a bit funny replying to a thread that’s months old but when I logged in here yesterday, scrolling through the off topic to see what you'd been up to, I was pretty gob smacked to see this. I do feel bad that I didn’t check in here in the past year, so I could’ve replied sooner. It’s not that I ever actually decided to leave the forum, I just started running out of things to say, so I stopped visiting so often, then I got on with other things.

I can see there’s been changes but I think it’s awesome that the place is still really busy and that there’s still someone out there helping newbies figure out why they’ve got three 2s in row 6 and posting mind-bogglers for Advanced Solvers. I’ve found my natural level a while back - newspaper Sudokus and the odd weekend killer - and to tell the truth the thought of forcing chains gives me brain freeze now (I hope that doesn’t hurt anyone’s feelings).:D We did have a lot of fun here though, didn’t we?

Anyway, thanks for remembering me (at least up until last October). I got a big kick out of finding this even if I was 9 months late.

Mike, you should’ve known it wasn’t number of clicks that’d find me. All you had to do was clap your hands and say “I believe in fairies”.:D

Love and peace

emm
emm

Postby Glyn » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:37 am

Miss Emm they didn't forget you in October. In fact here is a thread from a few weeks back where you are are remembered once again.
Emmperor's New Clothes WB:?:
Glyn

Postby Pat » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:42 am

Glyn wrote:they didn't forget you in October. In fact here is a thread from a few weeks back where you are are remembered once again.
Emmperor's New Clothes WB:?:

yes emm it was i who dug up that ancient discussion---
Pat

Postby emm » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:54 am

Once upon a time Pat wrote:Pat seems to be announcing some great discovery
which had escaped everyone's notice

emm is pointing out that there's nothing new here,
that the subject had been discussed in the past

No, this definitely wasn’t what I meant, Pat.:D

daj’s post is closer to my meaning - it was a comment on the way different people see things differently. Actually, it was a terrible example since there were no clothes, whereas there are both hidden and naked sets, and you’re not fooling yourself if you see either one more easily. It’s just interesting to muse on why you might.

On a deeper level, it’s possible that it was a social comment on the way filters blinker our vision and affect the way we view the world … but it’s a long time ago and I think it's more likely that it was just a throwaway comment.
emm

Postby Pat » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:14 am

Pat

Postby mikejapan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:02 am

Good Emm Hunting

Ask in libraries and pubs, cafes and dairies.
Ask Capricorns and Leos, Libras and Aries.
Ask skinheads and baldies, wiggies and hairies.
But nobody knows the place Emm where is:?:

Try different methods, result never varies.
Try mouse clicks and wishes, prayers and Hail Marys.
But a much simpler way to find good Emm there is.
Just clap your hands twice and believe in the fairies:!:
mikejapan

Postby emm » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:38 am

Thanks for dragging up the old posts, Pat (I think) Gee, I wrote some gibberish! And why, can anyone enlighten me, has all my punctuation been turned into ?????? which makes it look even more like gobbledygook?

Of course I’m older and wiser now:)

I wondered where Mike went, if he
Wrote verse or was he spent, if he
Still tried to rhyme inventively
Or lived now more retentively.

I read his verse attentively
And trust he’ll view, incentively,
That it has sparked the bent in me
To match the rhyming gent. Tee hee!
emm

re: Encoding

Postby Pat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:43 am

emm wrote:And why, can anyone enlighten me, has all my punctuation been turned into ?????? which makes it look even more like gobbledygook?

probably just the Encoding defaulting to Unicode

try menu -- View -- Encoding -- Western Europe (Windows)
Pat

Postby Hud » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:54 pm

Wow,
I check in for the first time in a coon's age (some of you might have to look that up?), and see emm's checked in. I email Cec occasionally and we both missed her. I too haven't been around much and still do Sudokus from the newspaper. On Saturdays they have ones that require advanced techniques and I solve around 50% of those; usually with x-y wings or simple chains or uniqueness.
I've really gotten into Kukuro but there again only recreationally. I feel a bit guilty letting all the basketball go by both last NBA season and the olympics without disecting things with udosuk.
I did fall off a friend's roof recently and was lucky to simply break my left wrist. I landed on the back of my upper body and head. Not too bad for a 69 year old old f---t.
I'll try to check in a bit more often in the future.
Tom
Hud

Postby tarek » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:43 am

I hope all is well with your wrist now Hud. falling off a roof is not the easiest things to do.

I just recently saw Dark Knight in an IMAX theatre (in that movie, falling off the roof is the norm) & still the actors got injured.

I have 2 relatives from my wife's side who live & work in Arizona, one is in Chandler, the other is in Tuscon.

I watched that Olympics final & although USA finished winners, I must say that I enjoyed the battling spirit of the Spaniards.

Safe recovery,

tarek
tarek

Next

Return to Coffee bar