How are we solving the puzzles?

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Postby Big Blue » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:14 pm

Ooooh, please don't stop.

Although it doesn't quite beat your discussion with stuartn, this reply is still cute:)

Thanks for providing some tiny insight into the mysterious realm of cricket - it is still a world I cannot comprehend - most of what I know about cricket I know from Douglas Adams...
Big Blue

Postby emm » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:42 pm

The story so far: In the beginning was Ricky “short (insert man, fuse, memory)” Ponting. When he lost he said some mean things about the English cricket team. This has made a lot of people angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Apologies to DA:!:
emm

Postby stuartn » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:04 pm

And on the subject of DA......

"And are you not . . . a greater analyst than the Googleplex Star Thinker in the Seventh Galaxy of Light and Ingenuity which can calculate the trajectory of every single dust particle throughout a five-week Dangrabad Beta sand blizzard?"

Obviously hasn't seen ScottH, Jeff and tso's chain theories.........:D

stuartn

(What IS an edge?)
stuartn

Postby emm » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:48 pm

stuartn - in my opinion that there are 2 groups of people in this forum – I call them ‘geniuses’ and ‘meatballs’.

The geniuses (who will be able to identify themselves) write spaghetti diagrams with edges and understand them – and even want to. The meatballs (identified by their sauce on their faces) don’t, and are even prone to transposing the wrong numbers into the grids they want help with! Horrors!

Of course I don’t mean you and anyway don’t be affronted, it’s fun to be a meatball and I place myself squarely in that saucy group.

Anyway, it’s a pretty crude outline so far. I’m still working on the subgroups - I do think the variants will make an interesting set! Watch this space.
emm

Postby stuartn » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:03 pm

I am a disjoint subset. Please don't demean my position.

stuartn:D
stuartn

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:20 pm

I'm a sub(set)stitute fielder myself.

*Ponting moan? Australians wouldn't give a Castlemaine XXXX for anything else*

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby emm » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:21 am

Ha Ha, very droll! But isn't Fosters the national beverage?
emm

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:30 am

Pass the Amber Nectar.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Previous

Return to Advanced solving techniques