Hand Held Device

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Hand Held Device

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:52 am

This is going to sound really stupid, but I got one of these hand held devices for Christmas (having previously scorned the lot of them) and get a real buzz out of the sound effects - especially upon solving. So, I was wondering if Pappocom would be coming up with some kind of hand held device containing Pappocom puzzles with the ability to input puzzles from the Pappocom programme.

It has really changed my solving technique - the hand held device I have doesn't do pencil marks and that makes a big, big difference for instance and having to take into consideration the postion of the cursor also makes a difference, and, for some reason, the timer on this thing makes a difference (I can't turn it off).

I solved one on paper this morning and felt the usual sense of achievement but missed the wee tune of celebration:( .

Even if Pappocom could come to an agreement with another company making these devices, I'd buy it.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Son of Pappocom » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi Luna,

As you might imagine, we were approached about this kind of device at various points in the past. In each case the quality of the build and interface turned us off. Right now we have no plans, but if the right device came along we'd certainly approach it with an open mind.

What I tend to tell people is that the closest thing we have is the "Go! Sudoku" game for the PSP -- although it isn't a Pappocom product, we did supply the puzzles (more than 1000) for the game.

Regards
Scott
Son of Pappocom

Postby udosuk » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:30 am

Alternatively, you could consider applications for Symbian phones/PDAs etc, which could be released for download through the Internet... Some people just might be interested...
udosuk

Return to Forum questions and feedback