getting answers

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

getting answers

Postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2005 3:46 am

If I print out a puzzle from the program. How do I get the answers to see if I am correct?

It seems to print out a random puzzle each time but I don't know how to check my results

Postby Pappocom » Thu May 05, 2005 4:38 am

Hello aceten.

At the time you print a puzzle, you can say that you want to print its solution as well. How to do this: In the Print dialog, look for the "Include" frame, and make sure there is a checkmark in the "Solutions" box.

Note that when you select Solutions, a small button to the right lights up. It's the small button with the right-facing arrowhead on it. If you click on that small button, you will get choices about where the solutions will be printed.

If you want to print the solution, but you want to be sure you don't see it until after you have solved the puzzle, you can say that you want the solution printed on a separate piece of paper.

If you did not realize when you printed out the puzzle that you would need to see its solution, there is still a way of finding the solution. How to do this: Go to the File menu and select "Dub..." You can then copy the clues of the original puzzle into the program - not with the intention of playing the puzzle on the computer necessarily, but just to see the solution.

When you have dubbed the puzzle in and Verified that you did so correctly, go to the Edit menu and select "Show Solution..." You will see the answer to the puzzle.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby Guest » Fri May 06, 2005 3:05 am

thank you wayne

Return to Forum questions and feedback