Forum can't be found?

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Forum can't be found?

Postby enxio27 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 pm

I get this error on a regular basis (at least once or twice per week), stating that the forum IP address can't be found. Sometimes it will be found on a single reload, other times (like today), it might require reloading a half dozen times before I can get to the forum. I'm pretty sure it's not the forum itself that is down. It doesn't happen with any other Web site. I use Opera 55.0, if that matters, but IIRC, it's happened with other browsers, as well. Any ideas what could be going on? Do I need to try a different DNS?
enxio27

Re: Forum can't be found?

Postby rjamil » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi enxio27,

Please try to run "tracert forum.enjoysudoku.com" in dos cmd command prompt window and share the outcome.

R. Jamil
rjamil

Postby enxio27 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:07 pm

rjamil wrote:Please try to run "tracert forum.enjoysudoku.com" in dos cmd command prompt window and share the outcome.

"Unable to resolve target system name forum.enjoysudoku.com"
enxio27

Postby rjamil » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi enxio27,

There are number of expert websites/forums that help resolve network issues.

Try this and/or this for instance.

R. Jamil
rjamil

Postby enxio27 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:38 am

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it's not on my end (I can tracert other Web sites, and just now I was able to successfully tracert this one). I also don't think it's on the forum end, but rather somewhere in between. I did pull up the list of free DNS from the sevenforums thread--I may try a few of those. I was also thinking of looking for the actual IP address of this site, so I could point my browser directly to it.
enxio27

Postby rjamil » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:35 am

Hi enxio27,

Please note that pointing the browser to access any website by it's IP address might not always be working.

See this.

R. Jamil

Return to Forum questions and feedback