Forthcoming upgrade

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Forthcoming upgrade

Postby stocku » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:32 pm

I apologise if I am duplicating a suggestion that has already been made but I only have very limited windows of opportunity at the moment! Thus, I don't really have enough time to check back through all the postings or even just try the search facility.

Would it be possible for the forthcoming program upgrade to incorporate an additional level of puzzle difficulty beyond Very Hard, say Extremely Hard or Exceptionally Hard, the new level to encompass colouring and forcing chains (including XY-wings)?
stocku

Postby Hungry » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:07 am

Hi. I'm new to the list. I'm new to Sudoku, for that matter, I played my first game three days ago and I'm hooked.

I don't know what forcing chains or XY-wings means, but I agree with the poster that there should be a higher difficulty level. I've only been playing for a few days, and the Hard setting is already too easy for me. I think it's a great program, well worth the registration fee, but I'd also like more of a challenge.
Hungry

Postby MCC » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:12 pm

Hungry

If you press 'ctrl' at the same time as you click 'new' on hard puzzle you'll get a v.hard puzzle, this will involve using a x-wing to solve.

MCC
MCC

Postby Pappocom » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:40 pm

I have some things to work on and improve before I can start expanding the skill-set of the program. One day I might offer an "Expert" version of the program (or perhaps the same program with an Expert section available only in a faily obscure menu-selection). However, first things first and I won't be thinking any more about that until I get the obvious needs attended to first.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby stocku » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:18 pm

Tks.
stocku

Return to Forum questions and feedback