Figure 1.3 from "The Logic Of Sudoku" by Andrew Stuart

Post puzzles for others to solve here.

Re: Figure 1.3 from "The Logic Of Sudoku" by Andrew Stuart

Postby denis_berthier » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:45 pm

At least some useful correction to my to hasty answer - but trying to make me make errors was the whole point of your coordinated efforts of submerging me with pages of rantings.
I see that ghfick is still trying to vomit his gall, so I stop any contact with him until he behaves as an adult.
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby ghfick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:48 pm

DTM has edited his post about population and sample. Sure seems like he read my post logged at 9:38am before his revision.
ghfick

Postby denis_berthier » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:51 pm

and seems like you didn't read my previous post
BTW, I don't care you call me DTM, but then I guess you wouldn't care if I call you ghf*ck again.
Last edited by denis_berthier on Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby ghfick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:52 pm

DTM has disrespected and insulted me repeatedly. I will NEVER treat DTM with courtesy EVER again. The behaviour of DTM is a total disgrace.
ghfick

Postby denis_berthier » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:53 pm

It's probably time you take a good nap. The world will seem better tomorrow.
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby ghfick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:12 pm

I am receiving PM's from several Sudoku people. DTM has disrespected and insulted so many people.

Of course, while the PM's are helpful to me, it is so clear that they do not want to fight with DTM [any more].

They [ quite wisely ] note that most of this thread is not going to change DTM at all. DTM sees the world through his bizarre self-absorbed lens.

DTM keeps barking orders at me. "Have a nap" he says. I am quite well rested and I am just up. Morning here.
ghfick

Postby ghfick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:26 pm

Dennis The Menace is a comic strip created, written and illustrated by Hank Ketcham. I would think that Mr. Ketcham might not like my using his character with such dreadful real person [ DTM ]. However, while its use is amusing, it is intended to provide our wonderful Sudoku community with some respite when one reads yet another terrible post by DTM.
ghfick

Postby marek stefanik » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:19 pm

denis, I did assume that my points about your unbiased* statistics had been discussed before, but I was trying to illustrate a more general problem.

I'll give you a TL;DR of my other post.

You seem to be unconcerned about the readers of your writings:
- Your notation puts an unnecessary burden on the reader.
- Your stats are based on an unusual, never explicitly defined population and the reader is left wondering how significant the results actually are.
- The results are then interpreted over a different population without any justification or notice to the reader (puzzles appearing in their respective grid's minlex form → all puzzles).

Nevertheless, (supposedly) not realising that insulting people may result in them getting insulted is (AFAIK) a new low for you and something I wouldn't have expected, not even from you.

ghfick wrote:You note the insulting "claim to have a PhD in stats".
I'm sorry, I quoted the line to provide context for the next one, I should have deleted the first half of it.

Edit:
denis, maybe in your mind the set of all puzzles has always been the population in your stats, in which case they never were unbiased, in this post I thought of them as of unbiased statistics over the population of puzzles appearing in their respective grid's minlex form then being interpreted over the population of all puzzles (which of course produces bias).

Marek
marek stefanik

Postby denis_berthier » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:47 pm

I will not answer any more post as long as this coordinated campaign of denigration and harassment continues.
Most of the points evoked in this thread have been asked many times by the same people who don't care to read my answers.
The only new point about "population" is irrelevant. The population is all the Sudokus and, as I already said, automorphisms are so rare that they can play no role in statistical analyses.
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby ghfick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:07 pm

denis_berthier wrote: but trying to make me make errors was the whole point of your coordinated efforts

I could not make this stuff up. But DTM keeps spinning around and around. Now we are 'trying to make him make errors'. Who knew that was our hidden agenda 8-)
Who knew we are making 'coordinated efforts' :lol:
ghfick

Postby ghfick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:14 pm

marek stefanik wrote:
that insulting people may result in them getting insulted is (AFAIK) a new low for you and something I wouldn't have expected, not even from you.

So nicely said, Marek.

I appreciate your care and attention. Clearly, you are very classy.
ghfick

Previous

Return to Puzzles