Error message when exiting in a user account

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

Error message when exiting in a user account

Postby Rolf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:05 am

Hello,
I am running the trial version at the moment (using XP Pro SP2, German). It runs all right in an account with administrator rights. But in an account with user rights it won't terminate correctly. An alert appears (Title: Sudoku) with the following message: "Zugriff auf eine unbenannte Datei wurde verweigert" which translates to something like "Admittance to an unnamed file has been denied". The programm cannot be started again, unless the Prozess "Sud.exe" is terminated manually in Program Manager. Is this behaviour a bug or due to the trial version? I will not buy the Programm if it can only be run with Administrator rights.
Rolf

Postby Pappocom » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:41 am

This is a known issue - a bug - in the existing version of Sudoku. The program does not cooperate well with User accounts.

If you know how to set Permissions in Windows, you can work your way around the problem.

If you were willing to operate the program from the Administrator account, the program would operate properly, but I recognize your decision not to do that. It would be best if you did not buy the program.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Running Sudoku from Restricted Account

Postby Rolf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:58 am

Hello Wayne,

thanks for your reply. I like the program and will probably buy it.
Could you just be a bit more specific about the permissions it needs to be run from a restricted account? (I can run it with the option "run as.." of course, but setting permanent permissions would be more convenient.)

Rolf
Rolf

Re: Running Sudoku from Restricted Account

Postby Rolf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:41 pm

Hello,

I just tried and solved the issue by giving the folder "Pappocom" in the Programs-Folder full permission ("Vollzugriff"). Sudoku then runs normally fom a restricted account. (Needs an account with Admin rights to do that).

Rolf
Rolf

Return to Forum questions and feedback