error message

Having problems with the forum software, or suggestions for improvements

error message

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:58 pm

Each time I try to execute Sudoku I get the same message. Either after having saved to program or even trying to Open it without saving. The message is:

MimarSinan InstalAWARE
Unspecified error

I have tried several times with no success. Suggestions?

Postby Pappocom » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:36 pm

This must be an error message you get when you are trying to install the Sudoku program on your computer, right? (That is, it's not a message you get once you have successfully installed the program and are using it. Correct?)

I think you probably need to re-start the installation process. It may be that the SudokuSetup file you downloaded (from www.sudoku.com/download.htm) is not complete. Perhaps there was a transmission glitch, or perhaps your ISP (Internet Service Provider) caps the size of files you can download, or perhaps the file got corrupted somehow. Anyway, could you check the length of your SudokuSetup file? It should be somewhere in the range 1.96 MB to 2.04 MB (the exact size depends on the date on which you originally downloaded it).

You should try downloading the SudokuSetup file again, but before doing so, you need to wipe your computer clean of all traces of past downloads.

Please look for this directory on your computer:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\MimarSinan\Installation Information\{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}

Please delete the entire "{FB5055E4-9BE1-425F-B40A-33E43E9460DA}" directory and all of its contents. You will then have a clean slate. Then you can try downloading the SudokuSetup file again.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Return to Forum questions and feedback